Tax/VAT

Jam

Hello, I just want to ask about Tax and VAT in WHMCS.
In the Products and Services area, it has an Apply Tax in creating/adding new products. 
And then in the Payments section, it also has there on how you will apply the tax called Tax Configuration.
I just wanted to ask, if I'm done now in configuring the tax in Tax Configuration and I add new Products and check the  Apply Tax.
The tax that I configure in Tax Configuration will appear in  Apply Tax on Products that I am adding?

Is that mean, that what you configure on Tax Configuration, will effect in Product and Services Apply Tax,

Product Services - Apply tax

image.thumb.png.ffbdd065ff9b2bf5a188ac11237f1622.png

Tax Configuration

image.thumb.png.b74266a95f9091b49019995f1a50d231.png

Thank you so much

Edited by Jam

You've probably figured it out by now, but replying anyway:

I'm not an expert, but my understanding is that if you tick the "Apply Tax" button for a product, the tax you have configured in the Tax Configuration page will be applied to that product where appropriate. This will take into account the client's country or any other tax settings you've configured.

So for example, I set up GST at 15% to be applied to all clients in New Zealand. If I select the "Apply Tax" button on Product A then when a client whose country in WHMCS is recorded as New Zealand adds it to their cart, 15% GST will be added. If the client was from some other country GST wouldn't be applied - but if I had set up multiple different taxes there might be some other tax which would apply to them instead.