Authorize.net Upcoming SSL Change

According to the following article, Authorize.net is making a change to their SSL Certificate. Please see:

https://support.authorize.net/s/article/How-do-I-obtain-Authorize-Nets-SSL-Certificate-for-my-host-solution-provider

Does anything need to happen with WHMCS' Authorize.net modules to make sure this doesn't impact your users? The reason why I am asking is they evidently tried doing this today and caused an outage with our payment processing using the Authorize.net Accept.JS module. This happen with others as well according to Downdetector.com. The error message I received and others was:

SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN

Please advise.

Brian

@brianemwd I've checked with the team on this, and providing your server trusts the certificate you should not run into any issues, we do have a case open under the ID MODULE-7271 to update the certificates we ship as a fall back in the module I don't have an ETA on this however.

In the meantime, if you aren’t able to get the root certificates updated on your server, you should be able to replace /vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/ssl/cert.pem with the latest file from https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sdk-php/blob/master/lib/ssl/cert.pem

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, brianemwd said:

@WHMCS ChrisD Authorize.net did something today because we were unable to process payments via their API again. Using latest root certs from the github file you shared helped and resolved the issue so thank you for sharing that.

Brian

ACH / eCheck worked just fine today. Not sure if there's a difference from their side between ACH / eCheck and Credit Cards.