Email Markups being removed from Email Template

Eugene

2 minutes ago, brian! said:

how are you entering the HTML code? are you using the HTML Source Code editor to do it??

I believe yes, because I clicked on "Enable/Disable Rich Editor" to switch into the source code mode before making the changes.

Edited by Eugene

1 hour ago, Eugene said:

I believe yes, because I clicked on "Enable/Disable Rich Editor" to switch into the source code mode before making the changes.

I generally use the modal window....

a6PA3be.png

... but when that fails, e.g WHMCS insists on converting < to &lt; etc, I just edit the template content directly in the database... though once you go down that road, you can't really edit the template again in WHMCS as it might make those silly code conversions.

roughly, what's the code you're trying to enter, e.g what was inside those divs.

47 minutes ago, brian! said:

I generally use the modal window....

... but when that fails, e.g WHMCS insists on converting < to &lt; etc, I just edit the template content directly in the database... though once you go down that road, you can't really edit the template again in WHMCS as it might make those silly code conversions.

roughly, what's the code you're trying to enter, e.g what was inside those divs.

I'm trying to add Google Structured data,  as described here  https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/reference/flight-reservation

I need to pass those html structures into the email so that google can fetch data out of it.

I tried added JSOn and microdata both are removed by WHMCS for some reason when I click save

4 minutes ago, Eugene said:

I tried added JSOn and microdata both are removed by WHMCS for some reason when I click save

then short of injecting this code via a hook, I suspect your easiest option would be to edit these templates in phpmyadmin or similar, and ensure that you never edit these templates directly in WHMCS.

if you can enter your code directly into the relevant tblemailtemplates row/field, then that will add your code without WHMCS removing it.

40XLGHn.png

if you ever view these modified email templates in WHMCS, then it will remove the custom code.

3 minutes ago, brian! said:

then short of injecting this code via a hook, I suspect your easiest option would be to edit these templates in phpmyadmin or similar, and ensure that you never edit these templates directly in WHMCS.

if you can enter your code directly into the relevant tblemailtemplates row/field, then that will add your code without WHMCS removing it.

if you ever view these modified email templates in WHMCS, then it will remove the custom code.

Your answer makes sense and is valid.
Are you aware of any such addon?