Welcome Emails Not Sending - Error - Email Sending Failed - Invalid service id provided

JasonT

Hi,

I am getting the following issue. With my provisioned modules, the Welcome email is not sending, despite all other order confirmation emails sending. I get the error message "Email Sending Failed - Invalid service id provided (Subject:My email template name)

The modules are all being provisioned correctly and work fine, there are no errors there. If I then go and send the welcome email manually to the client, it sends without a problem.

Going through my logs all other site emails seem to be going through fine. It's all getting a bit frustrating as I am having to manually send out all my welcome emails for different services.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Kind regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

On 21/02/2020 at 21:48, JasonT said:

Going through my logs all other site emails seem to be going through fine. It's all getting a bit frustrating as I am having to manually send out all my welcome emails for different services.

have you worked through the two pages below ??

Hi, Yes I went through all those in the first instance.

After a lengthy exchange with the very helpful support team (it took over two shifts), they determined there to be a bug in the auto email sending from Add Ons only, in the latest release of WHMCS. They were able to reproduce the issue with a fresh install at there end.

This was their advice

"The bug case is CORE-14314, and when it is corrected, it will be mentioned in the changelog at https://docs.whmcs.com/Changelogs 

In the meantime, I suggest the easiest workaround is to set the module settings of the addon to "Automatically setup the addon when you manually accept a pending order". This will allow the welcome email to be sent properly when you accept the order. Once the case has been closed you'll be able to revert to the current setting "Automatically setup the addon as soon as an order is placed"."