Upgrade Error

Hi,

I've been trying to upgrade our WHMCS from 7.8.3 to 7.9.1.   I'm getting this error which I'm not sure what it means as I checked permissions and to, me it seems correct when compared to a production server.

Update Failed
An error occurred that prevented the update from completing successfully.

Insufficient File Permissions (Help Documentation)
Error: Could not delete /var/www/html/website/docs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs: Undefined index: dnsaction
Please try again and if the issue persists, please contact support.

Please let me know if you need any additional info. 

Thanks

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hi @ca202093

The WHMCS automatic updater is a PHP application which needs read, write, create and modify permissions on all of the files shipped by WHMCS.

There are so many different configuration and setup factors which can affect this, and many of the configuration requirements are dependant upon your specific setup, so your host or server administrator is best placed to advise you on how to resolve these. If you do not have or are unable to contact them, we have some generic information available here which can help in many cases:http://docs.whmcs.com/Automatic_Updater#Permission_Errors

If you are having an issue with the Automatic Update utility, then you can also manually update your installation - https://docs.whmcs.com/Updating#Performing_a_Manual_Update

Thanks,

Actually, I do have admin access to the servers. As far as I can tell, the permissions look fine when compared to a live production server. I can check out the links sent. I completely understand setups are different and it is hard to say "this is a reason".  However, wouldn't the error: "Undefined index: dnsaction" be definable with directions to look at?