Custom order template configoptions help

zombiezach8

Hello! I'm looking for some help. I'm trying to display my configurable options in categories(config product group) instead of a general section. I've tried using a hook to send a new product array with them in their respective config product group but then I do not have variables like:

"selectedoption" "selectedvalue" " selectedqty"

Next I tried just sending the name of the category(config product group) by setting it in the hook for the config option. However if I do it this way I cannot loop through the product groups to create the sections for them. Any help towards the right direction would be gladly appreciated. I'm probably doing something wrong.

TLDR: 

Example

I wanted something like above where it's the product group -> product options assigned to that group instead of a "configurable options" section. I had something similar but since it was a custom product array it didn't have the above variables so when I switched billing areas my checked products would reset to default.

On 29/12/2019 at 04:43, zombiezach8 said:

Next I tried just sending the name of the category(config product group) by setting it in the hook for the config option. However if I do it this way I cannot loop through the product groups to create the sections for them.

that might have worked if you had included the config group ID as well and then double looped through the array in the template - not very efficient, but I think it would have got the job done.