Adding Affiliate Account to All New Customers

Hi newbie here

I've searched and searched and can't see how to add all customers as an affiliate. I can do it manually, but there are 850+ historic customers that aren't. People sign up to the free trial, and I've made a preset auto email to send to them a few days after, but can't see how to enable their account automatically as an affiliate, then send the email to them with their unique code.  The monthly report works during testing, but I don't want to have to click affiliate on all new customers, then manually send their affiliate code in an email.

Must be a simple answer, I just can't figure it out.

FYI I'm a marketer not a dev, the devs that created it have disappeared on me, tried to hire new ones over the past 2 weeks and just get let down before they are meant to start the job, so as usual, have to try and do it myself...but I'm stuck.

Help would be massively appreciated.

On 03/11/2019 at 08:43, Track-R said:

I've searched and searched and can't see how to add all customers as an affiliate.

from an admin/configuration method, there isn't a bulk add option to make all customers to affiliates too.

On 03/11/2019 at 08:43, Track-R said:

Must be a simple answer, I just can't figure it out.

It still looks like you have to do it manually. There may be occasions with viral marketing where I get 1,000s through the door, so I really need this automated.

I would have thought that you were going to end up needing two coding solutions for this - one that updates the existing clients (who aren't already affiliates) to affiliates; plus a second that when a new client registers, they are automatically made an affiliate.

the first might be a SQL insert query, or using the AffiliateActivate API (which I suspect is just a SQL insert query anyway!) looping though the list of clients who are not yet affiliates; the second would be triggered by the ClientAdd hook that within it calls a SQL query or AffiliateActivate API call.

Thanks Brian, that's really helpful. I'm trying to hire a coder now, so hopefully this can be solved quickly. I can just manually go through old accounts and make them affiliates if they want to rejoin, if not, then they can be deleted from the system.

Excellent, thanks.