Don't check EPP code in the cart

Newton

Hello, 

whmcs asks for an EPP code when a client wants to transfer his or her domain name.

A lot of our clients have no idea what to put here or how to get the EPP code until we tell them how to (I know, I know...) so that's kind of an issue as it blocks many of them from being able to complete their purchase with us.

My question then, is there a way to make this code optional (i.e. not required). So in essence, the EPP field is there but won't be checked before submitting the form.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Newton said:

My question then, is there a way to make this code optional (i.e. not required). So in essence, the EPP field is there but won't be checked before submitting the form.

it's optional by default - so I assume that you have enabled it for each TLD in Domain Pricing ??

https://docs.whmcs.com/Domain_Pricing#Adding_a_New_TLD

If an EPP code is required for transfers, tick the EPP Code box

Lp1e9KW.png

if the EPP checkbox for each TLD is left unticked, then the field will still be shown on the transfer page, but shouldn't be checked, e.g they won't need to enter an EPP code to continue.

16 hours ago, Newton said:

Thank you Brian, that's a potential solution for now, but it does remove the EPP field on the transfer page when I uncheck the box.

interesting - with standard_cart, it doesn't remove anything visually... so that implies that there is an if statement in your custom transfer template that is checking to see if EPP is enabled for a TLD.

from your point of view, it might be better that it's removed if it's causing confusion to clients - especially for those TLDs when EPP isn't needed.