How To Exclude Configaration Items From Discount

natanray

Hello,

Recently we're facing an issue with WHMCS. We're running 90% discount on our website, and in order page, there are some configuration options such as cPanel License, Dedicated IP, Ram, Paid Service ect, but when users entering the promo code, WHMCS deducting 90% from the total amount. And we and our team are unable to exclude configurations from the discount. 

Due to this, we are facing many loss during our sales. We did some research and came to know some alternatives such as a fixed discount, product addons. but they are not useful where we are selling various kind of products, so we can not make coupon for each product, also can not make separate product addons for each product.

Kindly share your knowledge on this issue.

On 28/10/2019 at 11:51, natanray said:

Recently we're facing an issue with WHMCS. We're running 90% discount on our website, and in order page, there are some configuration options such as cPanel License, Dedicated IP, Ram, Paid Service ect, but when users entering the promo code, WHMCS deducting 90% from the total amount. And we and our team are unable to exclude configurations from the discount. 

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/ability-to-exclude-configurable-options-from-promotion-discounts

6 years, 50+ votes and still waiting...

15 hours ago, natanray said:

Thanks for your update. But this feature should be inbuilt in WHMCS software. We can not wait for 6 years. 

I suspect that you're going to end up waiting more than 6 years, because I doubt that it will be included in v7.9 next month, so then you're looking at v8 - which could be another 6 months away.

i'm not aware of any commercial solutions that can do this - possibly Discount Center might be an option, but it's documentation and screenshots make no mention of configurable options, so i'd be doubtful... but checking with its developers would be one option.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 5:08 PM, brian! said:

I suspect that you're going to end up waiting more than 6 years, because I doubt that it will be included in v7.9 next month, so then you're looking at v8 - which could be another 6 months away.

i'm not aware of any commercial solutions that can do this - possibly Discount Center might be an option, but it's documentation and screenshots make no mention of configurable options, so i'd be doubtful... but checking with its developers would be one option.

Hi,

Did you tested new 7.9 beta version yet? The feature has been included or not? Please confirm.

Regards

On 30/11/2019 at 22:24, natanray said:

Did you tested new 7.9 beta version yet? The feature has been included or not? Please confirm.

i'm not testing the v7.9 betas - i'll probably wait until the New Year when it gets a full release... there's nothing in the changelog, so I assume there are no changes with regards to your issue.

as I said, I wouldn't expect to see this in v7.9 - it's possible a future 7.9 beta release might include it, but there's no way to know for sure.

thinking about the situation again, it's possible that a combination of hooks might allow you to change the pricing whilst ignoring the configurable option pricing - though there are no specific promo code hooks, so possibly you might need to set it at 0% discount in the promo and let the hooks change the price... it should work, but this would need thorough testing though.