Hook to add content to product group page

SureWeb

Hi,

Is  there   a hook   so   that   I   can   add   content   to   a   product   group   page   eg.   cart.php?gid=1    so   that   the   content   shows   after   the   pricing   tables?

Thanks!
James

Hi James,

13 hours ago, SureWeb said:

Is  there   a hook   so   that   I   can   add   content   to   a   product   group   page   eg.   cart.php?gid=1    so   that   the   content   shows   after   the   pricing   tables?

this will probably be dependent upon which orderform template you're using - if you're using Standard_cart, you should be able to use ShoppingCartViewCategoryBelowProductsOutput...

<?php

# Conditional Footer Output on Products Page Hook
# Written by brian! 

add_hook('ShoppingCartViewCategoryBelowProductsOutput', 1, function($vars) {

if ($_GET['gid'] == '1') {
		return "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.";
	}
});

oWQteh3.png

obviously is this simple example, i'm just outputting Lorem Ipsum text, but you could equally use html code in there if that's the content you had in mind.

I don't think it would be supported in the other Comparison/Slider templates, nor with the old Modern or Boxes templates either... for those, you might need to edit the template, but it depends what the content you want to add it... because there could be ways to do it with language overrides and/or jQuery.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it places   the   content   before   the   <!DOCTYPE>   even   if   I   change   the   template   to   Six   and   use   the   Standard   Cart   order   form.

14 hours ago, SureWeb said:

Unfortunately it places the content before the <!DOCTYPE> even if I change the template to Six and use the Standard Cart orderform.

on any recent version, probably most of v7, it should work as shown... obviously, if you're using an older version of WHMCS, or custom templates that don't include the required template code, then as I said, it might not work and you'd need to edit the template.

though i'm surprised it outputted anything in the wrong place, perhaps there is a corruption in your hook code.

15 hours ago, SureWeb said:

I was able to add it to the template with, but it would be easier to keep track of edits with a hook.

using Smarty in the template will work, but what version of WHMCS are you using and which orderform template is assigned to this product group ??