Assigning a Product Group to a User Group

sadi

On 30/09/2019 at 11:50, sadi said:

is this possible that clients in a group can only access a certain group of product?

not from the configuration settings - there used to be a couple of addons that could do things with client groups & products... by default, everyone sees all non-hidden product & product groups.

ServerPing had a "Show Hidden Product Groups based on Client Group" module, but I don't know if it still works with the latest WHMCS release.

ultimately, if there isn't a commercial solution available, what you want can be done via hooks.

Thanks Brian

in fact, I wasn't looking for a commercial solution

but I didn't find the hooks to solve the problem

In this link :

https://whmcs.community/topic/292651-whmcs-hide-certain-product-from-public-visitor/

you wrote a hook that hide some products for clients who are not logged in

I want to change this hook so that the client group id  is checked and if it was in a certain group ,hide certain product for it.but i dont know how to do it

is that a right or best solution? can you help me?

On 02/10/2019 at 10:42, sadi said:

In this link :

https://whmcs.community/topic/292651-whmcs-hide-certain-product-from-public-visitor/

you wrote a hook that hide some products for clients who are not logged in

i'd forgotten about that...

I want to change this hook so that the client group id  is checked and if it was in a certain group ,hide certain product for it.but i dont know how to do it

then...

if (!$client) {

becomes...

if (!$client && !$client->groupid == '1') {

where 1 is the group ID value of your client group... you can get the client group ID value from the URL in the browser when you edit a client group in the admin area...

this change will make products specified in the removed array invisible to everyone, unless they are a logged in client assigned to the client group id=1

is that a right or best solution? can you help me?

if all the products you only wanted client group x to see where in the same product group, then I suppose you could use a sidebar hook to hide that group from the sidebar... but whether that's any better than the above hook, I don't know.