WHMCS

BlackRockMT

Hello Community, 

I am very new to WHMCS and have been trying to watch as many tutorials on youtube as possible. With that being said the architecture of using this product still is a bit confusing for me. 

I understand you install WHMCS a host server, but when the application comes to actually provisioning servers for hosting (In my case I would like to look at hosting VoIP like Ventrillo etc). When the client purchases a package from me.. is the software allocating space and provisioning a server for the client on the same server I am hosting WHMCS or does a person configure it to provision servers on a different allocation of resources I have rented? Is this done by the base WHMCS solution or are other addons like TCAdmin required for this?

As you can tell, I have some wires to uncross and some understanding to gain here.. if anyone can point me to a architecture diagram of a server host service I would greatly appreciate it.

On 27/09/2019 at 04:03, BlackRockMT said:

When the client purchases a package from me.. is the software allocating space and provisioning a server for the client on the same server I am hosting WHMCS or does a person configure it to provision servers on a different allocation of resources I have rented?

the answer is either. 🙂

I think the considered accepted practice is to host WHMCS elsewhere from the server you are allocating to clients accounts - though i've often seen it hosted on the same server.

On 27/09/2019 at 04:03, BlackRockMT said:

Is this done by the base WHMCS solution or are other addons like TCAdmin required for this? 

entirely depends on the product and which module it is assigned to use - if it assigned a built-in module, e.g cPanel, then WHMCS can provision itself; for TCAdmin, there is a built-in module, and also an advanced module available from TCAdmin should you require those features.