WHMCS checksums - Essential pre-upgrade tool

Nick

Nick

I realised soon after my lst post that the command your suggesting I run to create checksums is a Telnet command. I can not do a telnet on my server. So I can not run this.

Also I realised that when I posted here the first time I had missed a page of this discussion P2. So I did a complete new download from the WHMCS site a compared files to original download and a huge amount of files had changed.

So just finished uploading the new files, only to find that still I have a lot changed files but now I have 401 instead of 399 as before.

So I guess the checksum on the WHMCS server is also out of date.

So it kind of makes this whole program of no use to me as I see it.

Is there some way you can set this up so that it's a one click function to create a checksum file from the version of files I/we download at the time. Rather than relying on someone else to have either done the job (created the checksum file) or created the checksum file from the same version we/I have downloaded.

As I'm sure this is not the first time Matt will slip in some changes to his first new version of a zip file.

John

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nick

Thanks, I tried your version and it brought the number of changed files down to 118 this time.

I'm guessing that there has been another slipstream update since I did my download earlier this afternoon. As I also re-uploaded again a number of files from my latest download and it made no difference at all.

It's looking like Matt or someone is wrecking this great program for you.

• WHMCS CEO

Just to clarify, the only additions made to a zip file are those for bugs identified in the first 24-72 hours after a new release. I'm not going to force people to experience bugs just for those who downloaded it as soon as it was released. There are no changes made after that time without a version incrementation.

Matt

Just to clarify, the only additions made to a zip file are those for bugs identified in the first 24-72 hours after a new release. I'm not going to force people to experience bugs just for those who downloaded it as soon as it was released. There are no changes made after that time without a version incrementation.

Matt

Thanks for that info Matt! So downloads will increment a version change after a few days if the zip is updated?

Matt

I also thank you Matt. That helps so that we know what to expect and how to work around things.

I will ask though, Matt.

During those first 24 - 72 hours, if you update the download zip, and with each update you do in that time, do you also at the same time update the checksum file?

It would be nice if Matt would issue a checksums file with each "slipstream" update. :)

It'd be nice if Matt updated the version number when he changed the download ¬¬.

I'll talk to him, see if I can persuade him to stick in a checksums file in with each archive.

Nick

Thanks, I tried your version and it brought the number of changed files down to 118 this time.

I'm guessing that there has been another slipstream update since I did my download earlier this afternoon. As I also re-uploaded again a number of files from my latest download and it made no difference at all.

It's looking like Matt or someone is wrecking this great program for you.

If you send me the zip file you downloaded I can generate the checksums file for that specific archive.

I also thank you Matt. That helps so that we know what to expect and how to work around things.

I will ask though, Matt.

During those first 24 - 72 hours, if you update the download zip, and with each update you do in that time, do you also at the same time update the checksum file?

Matt doesn't have anything to do with the checksums - I generate and host the checksums file.

I'll not generate a new checksums file until a couple of days after initial release from now on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The checksum file for your current version is loaded - it'll try to fetch it automatically, it doesn't need to be posted to this forum. People won't need the 3.6.1 file (which is available to the automatic system already) until the next version is released.

The checksums file isn't created by the module - it's published on my server. The module automatically downloads the appropriate checksums file for your version. If there is a sums file in your whmcs root then it'll use that over the published version.

Regard the admin folder name change, I've made a change to the code so it'll automatically do this (if the custom admin path is saved in the configuration file. I'll release that later today.

The checksums file isn't created by the module - it's published on my server. The module automatically downloads the appropriate checksums file for your version. If there is a sums file in your whmcs root then it'll use that over the published version.

Regard the admin folder name change, I've made a change to the code so it'll automatically do this (if the custom admin path is saved in the configuration file. I'll release that later today.

Sounds Great!

Checksum results show Total files changed: 311/961

ive re-uploaded files and compared files to the latest

and still get the above, however i havent changed that many files.

ive also tried uploading the checksum folder into the root, and for some reason

that says 311 missing.....Strange

im using the latest version of whmcs 3.6.1

whats the problem do you think.....

Hi Guys, planning a 3.6.1 upgrade from v3.6.0, so i thought i'd run this tool, an dgot some surprising results

Pass 1 using a root copy of checksum file

Changed Files (444) Missing Files (345) Unchanged Files (146)

Total files changed: 444/935

Have done some customising and added a few files, but not this many.

So thought i'd try the server version of the checksum file

Pass 2

Changed Files (1) spacer.gif Missing Files (934) spacer.gif Unchanged Files (0) spacer.gif

Total files changed: 1/935

1. upgrade.php

When do i go from here?