Updating language text via hook

petem

Hi,

I am looking for a way to update the language text of "cartexistingdomainchoice" via a hook.  I need the text to be different for one particular product but cannot find a way to change that text via a hook.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

24 minutes ago, petem said:

I am looking for a way to update the language text of "cartexistingdomainchoice" via a hook.

i'm tempted to say it would be as easy to do in the template as it's only a Smarty IF statement around the language output...

26 minutes ago, petem said:

I need the text to be different for one particular product but cannot find a way to change that text via a hook.  Any ideas?

basically you declare the language array globally; check if it's product x being configured and if so, modify the specific language string in the array and then return that modified array to the template.

<?php

# Translate Specific Language String Hook
# Written by brian!

function translate_specific_string_hook($vars) {

global $_LANG;
	if ($vars['templatefile'] == "configureproductdomain" && $vars['pid'] == 45) {
		$_LANG['cartexistingdomainchoice'] = "To Be Or Not To Be";
		return array("LANG" => $_LANG);
	}
}
add_hook("ClientAreaPageCart", 1, "translate_specific_string_hook");

so in the above example, 45 is the PID value when this string is going to be changed to the specified string in the hook - that string can be hard-coded in one language (everyone will see that string as is), or if your site is multilingual, you could use Language Overrides - which would be Lang::trans('**language_override_string**)... but if memory serves, your site is English only, so if that's the case,  hardcoding the string should be sufficient for your needs.

t64QrXy.png