Error when adding manually an order

Hello,

I'am trying to add domains to my clients manually following this documentation https://docs.whmcs.com/Importing_Data#Manual_Domain_Only_Entry

The problem is that when I add the domain and the Registraion period, the price is not updated and I get the error  ''This order contains one or more domain registrations with TLDs/extensions that are not configured for sale and have been omitted as a result''. If I click Submit Order, I get the following: Error: Invalid TLD/Registration Period Supplied for Domain Registration

However, the errors don't appear every time I add a domain. Sometimes The order is completed successfully, but some others I get the errors I have described. I can't find the conditions the errors appear.

What I have tried/checked:
The Domain Pricing is set correctly as you can see in the screenshot I have attached (screenshot 1)
Increased the memory limit and max_execution_time.
Checked the currency for both the client and the domain - they are the same (EUR)
I have tried adding .gr,  .com,  .eu and .de -  .de worked without errors

All the errors I have noticed:
This order contains one or more domain registrations with TLDs/extensions that are not configured for sale and have been omitted as a result - when adding a domain
Error: Invalid TLD/Registration Period Supplied for Domain Registration - after clicking Submit Order
POST: --path--ordersadd.php 500 (Internal Server Error) - in console when changing registration period or typing the domain (screenshot 2)
In console Network: Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 in Response Header (screenshot 3)

It is a fresh installation of the latest WHMCS with php 7.3.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've trying for hours to find a solution.

Thank you.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

26 minutes ago, Dimitra said:

Any help would be much appreciated. I've trying for hours to find a solution.

two thoughts...

1. are you trying to add a domain for a TLD that isn't priced in your settings? e.g a third-level .gr domain etc ?? are you adding multiple domains in the same order ???
  2. is it an option to switch to an older version of PHP, e.g 7.2 or 7.1 just to ensure that this is not a 7.3 issue - yeah I know WHMCS 7.71 (which I assume this is) is supposedly 7.3 compatible, but always a good idea to rule that out as being the cause.

Hello again,

Unfortunatelly the problem was not solved. The order placement worked for a few hours but this morning it stopped again - I did not make any changes to the system or php.

I changed to php 7.1 but it did not work (now the system runs with php 7.2)

Now, when I add the domain and the client, the Order Summary updates with the correct pricing but when I click Submit, I get the 'Invalid TLD/Registration Period Supplied for Domain Registration' error. The console has no errors and the the error log of the site is empty. I enabled all the errors log in General Settings but I see no errors.

4 minutes ago, Dimitra said:

Unfortunately the problem was not solved. The order placement worked for a few hours but this morning it stopped again - I did not make any changes to the system or php.

well that's annoying.

4 minutes ago, Dimitra said:

Now, when I add the domain and the client, the Order Summary updates with the correct pricing but when I click Submit, I get the 'Invalid TLD/Registration Period Supplied for Domain Registration' error. The console has no errors and the the error log of the site is empty. I enabled all the errors log in General Settings but I see no errors.

which TLD is this occurring with? if multiple, just give me one of them.

10 minutes ago, brian! said:

well that's annoying

Oh, I know. I was so happy the problem was solved (or it seemd so).

11 minutes ago, brian! said:

which TLD is this occurring with? if multiple, just give me one of them.

It's with every tld I have tried. So far I have tried .gr, .eu and .com. I also had one .de domain but that one worked (I don't know if it was because of the tld or it was just the 'lucky moment' the system worked.

13 minutes ago, Dimitra said:

It's with every tld I have tried. So far I have tried .gr, .eu and .com. I also had one .de domain but that one worked (I don't know if it was because of the tld or it was just the 'lucky moment' the system worked.

oh ok, I thought it might be an obscure one where WHMCS didn't have a whois entry or something trivial like that - that won't apply to those 3.

as long as a) you're not using a custom (or outdated) admin template and b) you've previously added TLD pricing correctly and there is a price in the client's currency for that registration period, then I can't think why that error would legitimately appear.

perhaps if it's an incomplete/corrupt install, it's worth reuploading the files via FTP again - I don't think it could do any harm to try it.

45 minutes ago, brian! said:

The console has no errors and the the error log of the site is empty. I enabled all the errors log in General Settings but I see no errors.

I think a 500 ISE would prevent WHMCS from logging any error.

if this was urgent, you could do what I did on Monday (when I had to add 156 domains manually to WHMCS) - I didn't fancy going through adding orders manually per client, so I just updated the tbldomains table directly - obviously, don't do that if you're unfamiliar with interacting directly with the tables. headshake.gif

however, in your case, i'd suggest the ftp reupload solution - there is obviously something wrong with WHMCS for it to show that error message, and manually adding the domains to the db would just be ignoring that error... so you really need to track down the cause.