Displaying Product when direct link is used

wizzy420

I am building a website where the "order now" buttons link directly to the "Direct Shopping Cart Link"

This is the only way to order. All products are "hidden" and can only be picked via the main website, not the WHMCS portal.

The problem I have is when people are directed to the page, it drops them straight into the shopping cart / product configuration page with no acknowledgment or reference as to what they are ordering.

Is there any way to make it so the page they are directed to says something about the type of account they have just selected to sign up for?

It would be great to have a line under/above "Product Configuration" that showed what it is they selected. Now it just seems to leave you hanging as to what you are signing up for.

Steve

• 2 months later...

What I did was to include something like this in the proper template:

{if $productinfo.pid != ""}You chose the <strong>{$productinfo.name}</strong><br />{/if}

{if $productinfo.pid != ""}{$productinfo.description}{/if}

This should take the package ordered and display it in the page along with the description.

• 2 months later...
What I did was to include something like this in the proper template:

This should take the package ordered and display it in the page along with the description.

Bear, does this work to you on WHMCS v3.61?

I have put your code in configureproductdomain.tpl, but nothing happens. Is correct what I am doing?

Thank you

Domains are not the same as "products", so you'd need to experiment with the variables that deal with domain purchases. As a wild guess (and untested):

{if $incartdomains != ""}Your domain is <strong>{$cartproductdomainuseincart}</strong><br />{/if}

Thank you Bear for your fast answer.

Shure, you are right on making a difference between a product and a domain, but I am trying your code here:

http://www.hostingkings.net/planes.html

at page bottom you´ll find five carts which link with my WHMCS cart.

There is where I am puting the code in configureproductdomain.tpl and nothing is happening.