Intergrate WHMCS with Cisco Switch

MoRa

Hi and good day to all.

I'm new here and I'm sorry in advance if I in the wrong section. I looking for a module that can link my Cisco switch with WHMCS where i can shutdown or enable the port remotely from WHMCS. I found one in the WHMCS marketplace but it seems that there is some issue with the cart where it prompt error after i want to buy it. The module that I'm talking about called "Device Manager for WHMCS" (https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/1042).

I email to WHMCS support regarding the error and they currently trying to contact the developer to solve this issue. I hope that i will be solve soon. Now, I'm trying to find alternative modules that have similar function with the one I searching for. Everyone here are entitle to give suggestion as I'm open for it. I'm looking forward for it 🙂.

I've written one that interfaces with our switches (although not Cisco the principal is the same) and APCs via SNMP - switchport control works well and is also linked to product suspensions so the switch port is dropped on a server is payment is overdue. It's very much a custom module designed for our own specific needs, but if you get really stuck I can probably help out with something or give some guidance on how to put one together.

Edited by penguin

On 5/25/2019 at 10:30 PM, penguin said:

I've written one that interfaces with our switches (although not Cisco the principal is the same) and APCs via SNMP - switchport control works well and is also linked to product suspensions so the switch port is dropped on a server is payment is overdue. It's very much a custom module designed for our own specific needs, but if you get really stuck I can probably help out with something or give some guidance on how to put one together.

Hi penguin, I appreciate your reply on my post. Its good to know that someone want to help me out on this but to be honest i just want to find a ready made module that i can purchase and use right away. I'm not a developer hence i have 0 knowledge in programming/coding. On top of that I just trying to find out the suitable module for this and there will be other team that will implement this.

If there is a template to play around and if the coding is simple, i don't mind to explore and learn as it will be a good knowledge to add in my profile. If it quite hard to learn, time will be my enemy as I don't have much time to work with. Perhaps you can put your module for production and I can purchase from you?

Looking forward for your reply.

I'm not a developer myself hence wouldn't look at selling it as it's not a clean enough product for that, but it's not that difficult to implement, especially if you're only wanting to control one switch. My module has multiple switch and APC support across many racks so a single switch will be far easier to do. I started off with the example provisioning module here: https://github.com/WHMCS/sample-provisioning-module

You can effectively modify and build on this and just add the SNMP commands in the suspend, unsuspend sections, etc to control your switch ports.

We wrote a similar module that display bandwidth via SNMP data. 

The hardest part you'll run into is how get your action to register as SNMP and send it your switch. We have two datacenter locations, and it became an hurdle when our WHMCS is hosted offsite where we can't reach the switches locally. Ended up needing to give an external IP to the switch so that our Cacti can communicate with it. 

I would suggest looking for existing PHP class that can manage SNMP commands and then just integrate it with your WHMCS.