How to disable option that removes domain from invoice "Removed Domain Renewal Line Item"

Milos

Dear WHMCS Support,

Is there any way to disable option that causing WHMCS to remove domain in grace period from invoice? (Log Activity description: "Removed Domain Renewal Line Item" )

Reason for asking this is because WHMCS removes domain form invoice the day after domain enters grace period.

What is strange is that this is happening to some domains that enters grace period, the rest are normally included in invoice regardless of whether they in grace period or expired.

Hi Milos,

It is important to note that grace and redemption fees are compounded, so if a domain expires and is not renewed during the grace period, the total amount due will be the regular renewal price + Grace Period Fee (if defined) + Redemption Grace Period Fee.
https://docs.whmcs.com/Domain_Grace_and_Redemption_Grace_Periods

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem, and the issue doesnt make much sense...

on the same day, 2 different invoices:

from mysql:

24435 13559 2248 DomainRedemptionFee 2539 Costo di recupero del dominio in Redemption Period... 25.00 0 2020-02-25 paypal

from activity log

25/02/2020 07:03
Removed Domain Renewal Line Item - Invoice ID: 13244 - Domain: XXXXXXXX.it
System

both domains have the same extension, the redemption fee is set correctly. Why do you think this is happening?

@wtricks thanks for your post under Setup > General Settings > Domains > “Domain Grace and Redemption Fee Billing” which of these two options are selected?

Add Grace and Redemption Fees to existing invoice:

When this option is selected, additional grace or redemption fees will be added to the existing unpaid renewal invoice for the domain name.

Generate a new invoice for the domain renewal including any Grace and Redemption Fees:

When this option is selected the existing unpaid domain renewal invoice/invoice item will be cancelled and a new invoice will be raised with both the renewal fee and the additional grace or redemption fee. This option may be preferred when tax authority rules do not permit invoices to be edited once issued.

this option is selected:

Add Grace and Redemption Fees to existing invoice

this is why I don't understand why some domains are removed from the invoice. As I was showing you, on the same day (so same cron run) ad te same time for teh 2 domains there was a different outcome. Domains have the same extension, and the redemption fee is set correctly (left the numbers of days empty to use default, set the price to 25)

I just checked, the domain that has been removed from the invoice does not have a space at the end (I thought maybe a space at the end would be invisible at the human eye and be seen as adifferent extension but that's not the case)

• 2 months later...

How to disable option that removes domain from invoice "Removed Domain Renewal Line Item"

Facing issues due to this behavior / function of WHMCS. Not all the domains removed and logically invoice should be marked cancelled to avoid the processing after the time lapsed.  But removing the entries and not all domains removal, this is critical issues. Please guide the rectification or option to avoid this auto items removal crone.

• 7 months later...

I just had the same issue happen.

We registered our domain without any sync system in place, years before using WHMCS. So that the domains would bill at the same time as the hosting (two days ago), we set their expiry date appropriately. However, lots of "fees" were added the next day (the grace period fees), confusing our clients (because over 100 "invoice update" emails were sent to clients) and today all those invoice items (over 100 in total) were removed from the invoices!!

We are therefore getting payment above the invoice amount and our staff don't understand why or where the "rest" of the invoice items went. We will have to probably manually re-add those items to invoices...
And I cannot simply set those domains back to "active" otherwise they will generate invoices (and sent another batch of emails to already "grumpy" and confused clients).

Is there a way to disable the removal of the expired domains from an invoice line?

Or perhaps there is another way to better manage domains registered in third party within WHMCS?

Edited by NickoLabs

• 1 month later...

One trick I leaned whilst managing my issue was that manually managed domains, for which I do not want redemption/grace (so those two are set to 0 for all my TLDs) and line removal, is to set their expiration to 00/00/0000.

Doesn't work on every use case but worked for me since now the expiry of domains with a null date is no longer checked.