Migration Tax ID's and VAT Numbers from custom fields to the new native fields

Usif Nasirov

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2019 at 12:33, Usif Nasirov said:

is it only for EU, unfortunately we are not among . We do not belong to EU. it means I can't use fields?

The Tax options within WHMCS can be used by those outside of the EU too... e.g if you were based in Azerbaijan, you could use it to apply an 18% sales tax (VAT) to customers in that country (or to everyone worldwide if that's what your tax rules state).

in or out of the EU, you can use custom fields if you want to to get VAT IDs etc.

On 12/04/2019 at 12:33, Usif Nasirov said:

And that function which you add , can it chech VAT and TAX?

check in what sense? it can calculate the correct tax based on the tax rules you set within WHMCS... if a customer is based in the EU, it could check whether their VAT ID is legitimate or not... for countries outside of the EU, you'd probably need a custom solution if you wanted to check if a person/company had a legitimate VAT ID.

14 hours ago, brian! said:

The Tax options within WHMCS can be used by those outside of the EU too... e.g if you were based in Azerbaijan, you could use it to apply an 18% sales tax (VAT) to customers in that country (or to everyone worldwide if that's what your tax rules state).

I still find these Tax options still challenging. Why for example would they list only a few countries under the Your Home Country section of the VAT Settings tab. For example, the home location for my business is Uganda and it's not on the list. I thought that maybe it requires first setting rules for the country before it ca appear on the list but still doing so didn't produce any positive results.

And then the other challenge I notice. Even after configuring the Tax rules for my country Uganda (which of course doesn't appear on the list of Your Home Country), when I try to make a test order, my set 18% VAT label is displayed on the order summary table but the tax value is not shown and is not added to the totals. I am just wondering if I am doing it any wrong way.

4 hours ago, BakH said:

I still find these Tax options still challenging. Why for example would they list only a few countries under the Your Home Country section of the VAT Settings tab. For example, the home location for my business is Uganda and it's not on the list. I thought that maybe it requires first setting rules for the country before it ca appear on the list but still doing so didn't produce any positive results.

well the VAT settings are EU only because there are only EU countries on that list... it's the replacement for the old EU VAT Addon.... but the other tax settings should be applicable to Uganda.

4 hours ago, BakH said:

And then the other challenge I notice. Even after configuring the Tax rules for my country Uganda (which of course doesn't appear on the list of Your Home Country), when I try to make a test order, my set 18% VAT label is displayed on the order summary table but the tax value is not shown and is not added to the totals. I am just wondering if I am doing it any wrong way.

unless they are logged in (e.g an existing client and from another country), WHMCS will assume that the user is from the country listed in general settings -> localisation - > default country... so if your default country is USA, then it wouldn't apply the Ugandan tax rate by default.