Edit Service + Menu Admin and Clientarea

New to WHMCS

Now within admin I've noticed web hosting, vps, domains, addons, and other.

How can I edit web hosting and VPS to read as something else like custom 1 and custom 2 with plans for each. 

Basically renaming in both admin and client area. We are not using WHMCS for hosting yet will need same features offered by each section. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

12 hours ago, Superman93 said:

How can I edit web hosting and VPS to read as something else like custom 1 and custom 2 with plans for each. 

Basically renaming in both admin and client area. We are not using WHMCS for hosting yet will need same features offered by each section. 

easiest way would be to use Language Overrides - it doesn't state so in the docs, but they can be used in the admin area too...

for example, in admin/lang/english.php, the following entries...

# Services
$_ADMINLANG['services']['title'] = "Products/Services";
$_ADMINLANG['services']['listall'] = "List All Products/Services";
$_ADMINLANG['services']['listhosting'] = "Shared Hosting";
$_ADMINLANG['services']['listreseller'] = "Reseller Accounts";
$_ADMINLANG['services']['listservers'] = "VPS/Servers";
$_ADMINLANG['services']['listother'] = "Other Services";
$_ADMINLANG['services']['listaddons'] = "Service Addons";
$_ADMINLANG['services']['listdomains'] = "Domain Registrations";

relate to the items on the following menu...

aUsab7f.png

although this might be a bad example, because if you're not offering hosting yet, then I assume most of your products would fall under "Other Services" rather than the first three... so little point in changing them... however, using Language Overrides would be the method.

basically, you find the string that you want to change in the original language file, and then modify it within an equivalent language file in an overrides directory... yo will only have to update the languages that are used by your admins (so if only English, you won't need to modify any of the rest).

similarly for the client area, nearly every text string can be modified by overrides - occasionally, there might be some text hardcode in a template, encrypted file or a hook, but generally you should be able to change them with overrides.