Paypal error with whmcs

5 minutes ago, evolve hosting said:

@markc I went through the process you're describing and it does seem to be working. I'm thinking you've got some sort of an issue specific to your install / config.

[...] That's how it's supposed to work, right? I was not using an incognito window. WHMCS v8.3.2

Yes, up until that point it also works for me. It's when I fill in the CC details, select the right State and the "I am over 18" option and click on Submit THEN I get the "We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Try again." error. I have indeed tried again a few times, and unfortunately the error is so generically useless I have no idea what the problem might be. The only response from PayPal is to clear the browser cache (done that a few times) and/or use a different browser (done that too). I've done this probably 1000s of times over the last 3 years without this error, up until earlier this year. As I say, I am waiting for another client to call in with their CC details so I can test another submission when using a Private window to eliminate whether it really is a local browser cache/cookie issue on my end, or not.

7 minutes ago, markc said:

Yes, up until that point it also works for me. It's when I fill in the CC details, select the right State and the "I am over 18" option and click on Submit THEN I get the "We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Try again." error. I have indeed tried again a few times, and unfortunately the error is so generically useless I have no idea what the problem might be. The only response from PayPal is to clear the browser cache (done that a few times) and/or use a different browser (done that too). I've done this probably 1000s of times over the last 3 years without this error, up until earlier this year. As I say, I am waiting for another client to call in with their CC details so I can test another submission when using a Private window to eliminate whether it really is a local browser cache/cookie issue on my end, or not.

Sounds like an issue on Paypal's side, I think.

Little bit of a side note but you may want to consider switching to Stripe. Fees are about the same (maybe a little less) and then you could just store the customer's card number and use auto debit. It could save you a lot of time and hassle.

https://stripe.com/pricing

31 minutes ago, evolve hosting said:

Sounds like an issue on Paypal's side, I think.

Little bit of a side note but you may want to consider switching to Stripe.

Yes, I suspect it's a PayPal issue too. The CC checkout page changed slightly a month or so ago as they added an extra option to sign up for an account just above the Submit button.

Anyway, thanks for the prompt to sign up to Stripe. Pure laziness on my behalf that I have not already done so. I have, thanks to you, so now there is a new "Pay Now" option on client invoices.