Using Configurable Options

Hi I have a product which uses configurable options and I was wondering if it is possible to display the prices from the configurable options as the price clients will see when they view the product as well as when clients choose their billing cycle.

The reason why I want to do that is because I am finding it difficult to get WHMCS to display the correct prices to the customers. I have set the payment type to recurring for the product and I am faced with the following challenges.

- When I add the prices in the configurable options to the product pricing, WHMCS charges the customer twice. Example is when a customer buys a single mailbox for S10.00, WHMCS charges $10.00 for the product as well as $10.00 for the configurable options for that 1 mailbox and total becomes $20.00 where else the total should be S10.00 for a single mailbox.

- When I leave the product price as $0.00, customers see the product starting from $0.00/mo and all the billing cycles start with $0.00 i.e. $0.00 USD Monthly, $0.00 USD Annually. Now with this option of the product price being $0.00, WHMCS does bill the customer "correctly" meaning if a customer selects 1 mailbox that costs $10.00 the total becomes $10.00. So my idea was to leave the product price at $0.00 and find a way to display the prices from the configurable options to the customers.

Please advice if you know how to or have an idea on how to overcome this obstacle.

Thank you

14 hours ago, Mla said:

Please advice if you know how to or have an idea on how to overcome this obstacle.

usually what you would do if in this product, the user HAS to buy at least one mailbox, then you keep the product price at $0.00, but in the configurable option setup, instead of the minimum quantity being 0 for this option, you set the minimum quantity to 1 - that will also change the price on the products page to $10.00 USD (as that is now the minimum amount the product will cost).

hERsZbk.png

the billing cycle would still show as zero though...

gdOu46L.png

but the order summary price will be correct as they will HAVE to order one mailbox...

if getting a mailbox with this product is optional, then that might need some customisation.. but hopefully the mailboxes are compulsory! 🙂

Thank you for your response Brian. But the billing cycle showing as zero is a major problem. Kind of wish there was a way to get it right or at least remove the price and just show the cycles only i.e. Monthly, Annually.

14 hours ago, Mla said:

Kind of wish there was a way to get it right or at least remove the price and just show the cycles only i.e. Monthly, Annually.

one option if you wanted to remove the prices from that dropdown would be to edit the configureproduct.tpl template and change...

{if $pricing.monthly}
                                            <option value="monthly"{if $billingcycle eq "monthly"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$pricing.monthly}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}
                                        {if $pricing.quarterly}
                                            <option value="quarterly"{if $billingcycle eq "quarterly"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$pricing.quarterly}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}
                                        {if $pricing.semiannually}
                                            <option value="semiannually"{if $billingcycle eq "semiannually"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$pricing.semiannually}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}
                                        {if $pricing.annually}
                                            <option value="annually"{if $billingcycle eq "annually"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$pricing.annually}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}
                                        {if $pricing.biennially}
                                            <option value="biennially"{if $billingcycle eq "biennially"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$pricing.biennially}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}
                                        {if $pricing.triennially}
                                            <option value="triennially"{if $billingcycle eq "triennially"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$pricing.triennially}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}

to...

{if $pricing.monthly}
                                            <option value="monthly"{if $billingcycle eq "monthly"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$LANG.orderpaymenttermmonthly}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}
                                        {if $pricing.quarterly}
                                            <option value="quarterly"{if $billingcycle eq "quarterly"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$LANG.orderpaymenttermquarterly}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}
                                        {if $pricing.semiannually}
                                            <option value="semiannually"{if $billingcycle eq "semiannually"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$LANG.orderpaymenttermsemiannually}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}
                                        {if $pricing.annually}
                                            <option value="annually"{if $billingcycle eq "annually"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$LANG.orderpaymenttermannually}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}
                                        {if $pricing.biennially}
                                            <option value="biennially"{if $billingcycle eq "biennially"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$LANG.orderpaymenttermbiennially}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}
                                        {if $pricing.triennially}
                                            <option value="triennially"{if $billingcycle eq "triennially"} selected{/if}>
                                                {$LANG.orderpaymenttermtriennially}
                                            </option>
                                        {/if}

zAx7Xqd.png

On 25/03/2019 at 10:06, Mla said:

Out of curiosity though. Is there a way to get the prices of a configurable option for a product as well as what billing cycle that price is for? 

last point first, that template will only contain configurable option prices for the current billingcycle, not for any other cycles.

as I say, the template will contain prices for each configurable option, so I suppose it's possible to sum them to get a minimum price for the product... for a product with one configurable option, that wouldn't be too bad a calculation, e.g (min qty * price) + product price (assuming its a qty config option), but if the product has multiple configurable options, all of different types, then the calculation could get horrendously complicated. 😱

that's why I gave you the solution to removing the amounts from the dropdown and just showing the billing cycles - of the two things you wanted, I chose the easiest one to explain! 🙂

• 1 year later...

you've changed your name - confused me for a second there! 😕

3 hours ago, isixhosting said:

is there a chance to "put" the "configurable options prices/cycles" to the "payment cycles" in the 'configureproduct.tpl'as the product doesn't have a prices and it is set to "Recurring" with $0.00 for each cycle?

not easily - the page doesn't refresh on CO choice (only a js recalculation), so Smarty is not really an option... same for a hook.... let me have a think on this.

2 hours ago, brian! said:

you've changed your name - confused me for a second there! 😕

🙂 ...that's right, but it's "me' 💯%

2 hours ago, brian! said:

not easily - the page doesn't refresh on CO choice (only a js recalculation), so Smarty is not really an option... same for a hook.... let me have a think on this.

thank you in advance