7.7 Domain Search - No results

Hi everyone,

I've recently setup my WHMCS site, and using a few template files for the front end of the site. I've also got a template (ColorHost) which I use for the client side stuff, but for what I'll explain below has happened with both this template and the Six template.

Whether logged in or out, the domain search screen produces no results. On click of search, there's a brief flash of the searching circle and what looks like it could be a table, but nothing more.

When searching via adding a hosting account (register, transfer or use existing) just has the 'Checking Availability' spinner and no results.

I've setup error logging, but don't see anything in addon logs, and nothing in php logs.

You can have a look at it at stardeltahosting.co.uk to see what I mean.

Doesn't apply as when I got my reseller account, already has 7.7 installed. 
https://help.whmcs.com/m/75601/l/869996-troubleshooting-domain-search-returning-no-results

Part referring to Cloudflare, RocketLoader and minification don't apply, as not installed (I don't think, can't find them in cPanel)
https://docs.whmcs.com/Order_Form_Issues

https://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/680894-troubleshooting-order-form-issues

As mentioned in the above link, I get the 'text/html; charset=utf-8' rather than 'application/json', but as previously mentioned, I don't have Cloudfare/RocketLoader/minification to disable, charset is set to utf-8, and I'm not using a Windows Server (as I'm using cPanel), so I'm a little lost.

Any ideas anyone?

18 hours ago, StarDeltaHosting said:

Any ideas anyone?

ideally, don't double-post... otherwise you'll get in trouble with TPTB. naughty.gif

I've recently setup my WHMCS site, and using a few template files for the front end of the site. I've also got a template (ColorHost) which I use for the client side stuff, but for what I'll explain below has happened with both this template and the Six template. 

i'd recommend fully testing the functionality of the site using Six & Standard_cart before even installing custom themes - otherwise, it makes it more difficult to test whether its WHMCS or the templates causing this... at least it's failing with Six, which implies it's a configuration or corrupted installation.

As mentioned in the above link, I get the 'text/html; charset=utf-8' rather than 'application/json', but as previously mentioned, I don't have Cloudfare/RocketLoader/minification to disable, charset is set to utf-8, and I'm not using a Windows Server (as I'm using cPanel), so I'm a little lost.

short-term fix would be to switch to using the older "Modern" orderform template as your default - this will work on your website for both direct registrations and hosting products and allows clients to at least order from you - it also buys you some time while you try to figure out the specific cause of the issue.

8MbqY9f.png

you've ruled out a lot of the possible causes, so three quick things to try...

1. as the docs suggests, have you contacted your host to see if they know of possible causes to this situation for your server environment ?
  2. I see that you are using either Namespinner or a registrar as your lookup provider in domain pricing - if you change to using standard_whois, does that make any difference ?
  3. if WHMCS was pre-installed, did the domain search ever work at any stage, or had you made configuration changes before you tried it ? i'd be tempted to do a complete reupload of the files, but a) you probably don't have access to them, and b) this was probably installed via Softaculous by your hosts and i'm not a big fan of installing via that method.

it might be worth opening a ticket with Support about this if you can't resolve it...