Cloudflare errors - 520 and 525

Hi 

I am having some problem when ever I am using the cloudflare free account. My reseller website is working well without cloudflare. meaning, if I test the site to buy a domain coupled with hosting. the transaction is always successful. emails are generated, hosting account is provisioned automatically including the domain name. However, I did set up a cloudflare account to protect my hosting site but upon activating. the site is loading fine. navigation across all products is smooth. The problem comes in whenever I tried to test the site by purchasing a live service. The first error that I have encountered is

Error 525 SSL handshake failed. I have a let's encrypt SSL from the reseller hosting and seems the problem is between cloudflare and my hosing account. This error, I actually solved it by generating cloudflare origin cert. My question is if this is the correct way to do it and that If I no longer need to do anything in the host. I understand this has been fixed, I am just concerned that there maybe other issues around here waiting to be uncovered assuming this is not the right way to do it.

The second error I have encountered after fixing error 525 is 

Error520. This is webserver returning error. I tried purchasing a plan from my reseller and everytime I click complete order, the error appears. I checked my WHMCS and the account has been created. In WHMC the status is pending. Do I need to do anything here like change my server settings or cloudflare settings?

Thanks

Luis

• 3 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello,

The first error would suggest CloudFlare is rejecting the Let's Encrypt SSL certificate and your solution is likely the best to resolve it, but you may wish to discuss it further with their support team to be sure. As for the second issue, this suggests that the hosting service is being provisioned on the same server where WHMCS is installed. With this configuration, it results in the connection between WHMCS and the server being severed when the server restarts Apache during the service provisioning. To resolve this, Apache can usually be configured for a graceful restart or your hosting account can be relocated to another server to avoid being affected by it.