Domain Renewals

lkitching

Hello all!

We decided it would be a great idea (after many requests by customers) to offer 10-year domain registrations/renewals. However, this has proven to be a problem with WHMCS. 

I have seen a feature request for this from about 4 years ago, but in true style, this has not been implemented yet...

I have raised it with WHMCS today, however they basically told me to remove the 10 year option from my billing system. However, this does not resolve the problem if a customer registers a domain for 2 years for example, and then renews for 10 years.

Has anyone found a solution which can be implemented in the templates for this? I am aware of an old javascript/php smarty tag solution on GitHub however this is not working with the current version of WHMCS. Really, I am looking to add the 'disabled' tag to dropdown items which would take the domain over the 10 year limit imposed by the registry; so these cannot be selected by a customer.

Any advice? Has anyone else ran into this issue?

On 13/03/2019 at 14:42, leewolz said:

We decided it would be a great idea (after many requests by customers) to offer 10-year domain registrations/renewals. However, this has proven to be a problem with WHMCS.  

registrations should be simple enough... but the renewals has been bugged (badly designed/tested) since launch...

I have seen a feature request for this from about 4 years ago, but in true style, this has not been implemented yet... 

only one more year to go until the usual 5th year completion... 🎂

I have raised it with WHMCS today, however they basically told me to remove the 10 year option from my billing system. However, this does not resolve the problem if a customer registers a domain for 2 years for example, and then renews for 10 years.

oh it's been bugged like this since the start... and in other ways too.... always held back doing anything about it as assumed WHMCS would get off their proverbial and fix it by now. 🙄

Has anyone found a solution which can be implemented in the templates for this? I am aware of an old javascript/php smarty tag solution on GitHub however this is not working with the current version of WHMCS. Really, I am looking to add the 'disabled' tag to dropdown items which would take the domain over the 10 year limit imposed by the registry; so these cannot be selected by a customer.

can't recall seeing that link before - will take a look at it, but I don't think it's the path to go down.

Any advice? Has anyone else ran into this issue?

i'm sure that this is easily fixable in the template, or preferably using a hook, because ultimately all you're doing is comparing dates and removing/hiding/disabling inapplicable renewal periods from the dropdown array that would take you over 10 years.

i'll setup some test data and have a play with this.

16 hours ago, brian! said:

registrations should be simple enough... but the renewals has been bugged (badly designed/tested) since launch...

only one more year to go until the usual 5th year completion... 🎂

oh it's been bugged like this since the start... and in other ways too.... always held back doing anything about it as assumed WHMCS would get off their proverbial and fix it by now. 🙄

can't recall seeing that link before - will take a look at it, but I don't think it's the path to go down.

i'm sure that this is easily fixable in the template, or preferably using a hook, because ultimately all you're doing is comparing dates and removing/hiding/disabling inapplicable renewal periods from the dropdown array that would take you over 10 years.

i'll setup some test data and have a play with this.

Thanks Brian! 

You seem to be the saviour of everybody's problems on here; so do appreciate you having a look into this 🙂 

I asked WHMCS to log it as a bug but they told me it was the "intended design" of the software 🙄