Amending clientareaproductdetails.tpl

championc

Hi all,

I am hoping to modify the details displayed by "clientareaproductdetails.tpl".

I have added 4 Custom Fields to my setup for each Product. I am using two of the four for my own / customer ref use. The fields are set up as Admin Only fields.

I can create emails with all 4 Custom Fields displayed. However, is there any way to modify the "i Additional Information" box at the bottom of the Product Details screen, to include these Admin Only fields ? Currently, only the non-Admin fields are displayed.

On 05/03/2019 at 10:27, championc said:

I have added 4 Custom Fields to my setup for each Product. I am using two of the four for my own / customer ref use. The fields are set up as Admin Only fields.

I can create emails with all 4 Custom Fields displayed. However, is there any way to modify the "i Additional Information" box at the bottom of the Product Details screen, to include these Admin Only fields ? Currently, only the non-Admin fields are displayed.

any particular reason why they need to be admin-only fields then ?

the whole point of admin-only, is that the client doesn't see the information... if you want them to see the values within them, don't make them admin-only. 🙂

if you do that, the custom fields be shown on the clientareaproductdetails.tpl page by default - and the user won't be able to edit their values, just see them.

ultimately, you could get the fields using a hook if you had to, but unless i'm missing something here, I don't see the point.

Thanks @brian!

The way I am using the system, I have two field which or additional information for the Client.  I don't want the two fields to appear during the "ordering" part of engagement with the Client, but I want to populate them myself with relevant info following successful completion of the order.

So is there an way to have all fields as non-Admin Only fields, but then only display 2 of the 4 fields on the Order screen in the "Additional Required Info" box ?

On 06/03/2019 at 17:16, championc said:

So is there an way to have all fields as non-Admin Only fields, but then only display 2 of the 4 fields on the Order screen in the "Additional Required Info" box ?

yes - for any product custom fields that you don't want to show on the order screen, just untick the "Show on Order Form" checkbox... they won't be shown during ordering, but will be shown on the additional info box on the product details page.

ekfTjeV.png

from the admin area, you'll be able to edit the values in these fields for any client with that product, and the values you enter will be displayed on the product details page.

for the two custom fields that you want the client to enter info into, just tick the "Show on Order Form" checkbox for them - and then all four fields will be shown to the client on the product details page.

Perfect - that does exactly what I wanted 🙂

A final related question please if I may - on the bottom of the Product Details screen, there are the two panels of "Configurable Options" and "Additional Information".  At present, the "Configurable Options" screen is the default displayed panel.  Can I change it around to show the "Additional Information" panel by default ?

I've been replying almost instantaneously but I have to wait until 10 posts before my posts get automatically posted rather than awaitin Mod approval 😞

On the bottom of the Product Details screen, there are the two panels of "Configurable Options" and "Additional Information".  At present, the "Configurable Options" panel / tab is the default display.  Can I change it around to have the "Additional Information" panel / tab as the default ?

On 12/03/2019 at 12:10, championc said:

On the bottom of the Product Details screen, there are the two panels of "Configurable Options" and "Additional Information".  At present, the "Configurable Options" panel / tab is the default display.  Can I change it around to have the "Additional Information" panel / tab as the default ?

I had a look at this at the weekend (I bookmarked the thread for further testing) to see if there was a way to do it with JS/Hook - but that proved troublesome because of how WHMCS have written certain features on the page... try the attached file (it's for v7.7.1) and see if that helps - basically all i've done is reversed the order of the customfields/config tabs and their content... you'll probably have to repeat this process after any WHMCS update that changes this template.

clientareaproductdetails.tpl