Change the default home page to "clientarea.php" instead of "index.php"

What I want to achieve is to make the homepage of the client area is "clientarea.php" instead of the default "index.php", and I've replaced the content of the file "index.php" with the content of the file "clientarea.php", and everything is good for now and the default home page now is "clientarea.php" but I ran into some problems:

1- when I visit some links like "https://www.xxxxx.com/whmcs/admin/setup" or "https://www.xxxxx.com/whmcs/admin/help/license" the browser adds the page "clientarea.php" to the end of the previous URLs like "https://www.xxxxx.com/whmcs/admin/clientarea.php" and show error:

www.xxxxx.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

and when I revert back to the original "index.php" everything is fixed!!

2- When I change the "Default Order Form Template" to any other except the "Modern" the cart has a strange AJAX error when searching for domain availability or transfer or use exisiting domain and it shows loading for long time without response untill I change back to Modern template" or revert back the original "index.php"..

What am I missing?!!

17 hours ago, Ahmed Suror said:

What I want to achieve is to make the homepage of the client area is "clientarea.php" instead of the default "index.php", and I've replaced the content of the file "index.php" with the content of the file "clientarea.php", and everything is good for now and the default home page now is "clientarea.php" but I ran into some problems:

i'm not sure how to managed to change the content of those two .php files when they're both IonCube encoded! 🙄

in any event, there was no need - if you wanted to redirect visitors to clientarea.php, you only needed to tick the checkbox in setup -> general settings -> other

https://docs.whmcs.com/Other_Tab#Default_to_Client_Area

Normally when clients and visitors visit your WHMCS installation they are presented with the homepage listing the various pages; client area, submit ticket, view tickets, place order etc. Ticking this option skips this page and takes visitors directly to the client area prompting them to login.

in other words, logged in clients will see clientarea.php, and anyone not logged in will be redirected to the login page.

17 hours ago, Ahmed Suror said:

What am I missing?!!

the second issue is caused by one editing / changing the files - just return them to how they were originally and everything should work fine.

3 hours ago, brian! said:

i'm not sure how to managed to change the content of those two .php files when they're both IonCube encoded! 🙄

🙂 I know that whmcs is ionCube encoded, if I tried to edit the file by adding or removing lines or even altering the content an error occurs shows that the file is corrupted, however if I replace the whole content with another file the operation work smoothly, I opened "clientarea.php" and selected all content and then opened "index.php" and removed all content then pasted the encoded text.

3 hours ago, brian! said:

in any event, there was no need - if you wanted to redirect visitors to clientarea.php, you only needed to tick the checkbox in setup -> general settings -> other

WOW man!! fantastic, although I walked through all settings before I didn't notice that option, thanks a lot.