Custome Description in My Services

jacksen

Hi.

is there a way or a plugin to set custome discriptions in clientarea.php?action=services

i got some useres that have 15-20 active services

now the users would like to add custome descriptions, that they can hold the servers appart.

thx for the help

On 06/01/2019 at 12:52, jacksen said:

is there a way or a plugin to set custome discriptions in clientarea.php?action=services

to allow the user to enter a custom description themselves? no there isn't a built-in way or addon that i'm aware of.

you can edit the template and there may be some variables that you can add to the output to distinguish the products on the list.

On 10/01/2019 at 12:10, jacksen said:

how do i do this?

as I said, there's no native way to allow clients to enter custom descriptions, so you're probably going to need to pay a developer (you could start a new thread in Service Offers & Requests or get a moderator to move this thread there) to write a custom solution for you.

using product custom fields would be one possible first step option - though they're not really designed to be editable, so you would need to design a method for the client to be able to edit them... kian posted a sample suggestion for that, but it's not a complete solution...

but even if you could finish that step off, you would then need an action hook, and probably a template edit too, to alter the product/services table in the client area to show these custom descriptions... but every product (not service) will have it's own unique product custom field, so that's another complicating factor too.

if you pay a developer, they may even suggest writing an addon module that uses a new database table for these values, which might make some sense rather than trying to do this with customfields... and creates a custom method to add descriptions.