Duplicate paid invoice number (another topic)

perlancar

Since this thread is closed: https://whmcs.community/topic/284653-clashing-paid-invoice-numbers/

I'm opening another thread. It seems that as of 7.6.1, WHMCS still does not create a unique index on tblinvoices(invoicenum). This makes it possible for duplicate invoice numbers to be created from time to time due to race condition. I'm contemplating adding the unique index for now. What do you guys think?

You should detect duplicate invoice numbers as soon as they occur (doable) and fix numbers on the fly before sending any notification to customers.

The first part is easy but dealing with the second one is one of the most frustrating thing of WHMCS. In fact a proforma can turn into an invoice in tens of ways. You need to use 3 hook points (invoice creation, invoice paid, invoice paid pre email) simultaneously avoiding making changes twice. It's a mess :(

What I want to do is to avoid duplicates getting created in the first place, obviously 🙂

BTW, I've also asked another WHMCS user that use pro-forma invoicing, but they do not seem to be having duplicates problem at all, so I'm a bit confused. Technically, duplicates can happen due to the lack of unique index in the database.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, RogerNelson59658 said:

If you want to avoid duplicates file you should use duplicate files deleter. It helps to find duplicate files, photos, documents, MP3s, videos, and more.

How do you think such program will help in this case? We're not talking about "files" here.