Disabling all notifications for testing sessions

Mark_J

We're hoping to get a few tips/suggesitons that may help us in this scenario.

So we have WHMCS installed for a client and are using it for a non-webhosting company. It's the perfect solution for their business when using some of the available Add-ons. One we're using in particular is a QuickBooks sync from Modules Garden. So everything looks peachy and I am about to import several different QuickBooks company files for testing. Since these are the real files and contain all their previous billing/invoices I have a very large concern that once we run the sync there will be clients that get blasted with late notices, multiple times as we test multiple iterations of the QB company file.

So I said all that to ask this, is it possible to disable all outbound notifications from WHMCS on an as needed basis for various testing sessions?

Setup > General Settings > Mail. Switch to SMTP and leave all fields blank. WHMCS will be unable to send any notification. Alternatively use an action hook.

<?php

function StopEmails($vars)
{
   return array('abortsend' => true);
}
add_hook('EmailPreSend', 1, 'StopEmails');