Product/Service not retaining prices, and Tax being applied to none taxable items

Fist off

I have a services called Hourly Rate $25.00 (CAD) and I have another on for (USD). I have gone through countless times where I have set the CAD one to $25.00 for the One Time/Monthly leaving the USD unchecked. I then save the product/Service then I go to my client and add this item as a billable item and low and behold there is not $value for the CAD one.

This same Item is not taxable and the checkbox is unchecked yet when I the item as a billable item and invoice the item the invoice then has Tax applied when it IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE TAXED! I then have to go into the invoice uncheck the apply tax checkbox then resend the invoice to my clients causing confusion to them of which one to pay!

Conclusion!

There is a bug in the system that is deleting/disabling my Canadian Dollars value for a Product/Service when there is not USD value assigned. I should be able to set specific Prices per Currency / Item and not have these prices removed when the system auto updates the exchange rate.

The System is ignoring the Apply Tax checkbox on items, When the check box is unchecked and yet I add the item to the billable items it applies tax when it is not suppose to.

FIX THIS!

14 hours ago, rootmedia said:

Fist off

not in a pleasant mood this morning, Brent ? 🙂

I have a services called Hourly Rate $25.00 (CAD) and I have another on for (USD).

I take it the one below is the USD version that also has a Canadian price ?

BuYZI5E.png

I have gone through countless times where I have set the CAD one to $25.00 for the One Time/Monthly leaving the USD unchecked. I then save the product/Service then I go to my client and add this item as a billable item and low and behold there is not $value for the CAD one.

i'm going to assume that the client uses CAD, otherwise if they were set to use USD, that could explain the situation.

also, when you save the product/service, check the database (specifically the tblpricing table to see if the database is storing the updated values).... i'm not convinced your CAD equivalent product (pid 13 ?) is actually priced in CAD.

15 hours ago, rootmedia said:

This same Item is not taxable and the checkbox is unchecked yet when I the item as a billable item and invoice the item the invoice then has Tax applied when it IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE TAXED! I then have to go into the invoice uncheck the apply tax checkbox then resend the invoice to my clients causing confusion to them of which one to pay!

then I assume that you have "Apply Tax To" enabled for Billable Items in the Tax Rules page - if so, that's a global setting and does not take into account line item tax statuses, as demonstrated by this feature request... four votes in four years is not exactly overwhelming support for the feature! if you like, I can also give you numerous threads, like this one from over 9 years ago, asking about doing this.

Conclusion!  - There is a bug in the system that is deleting/disabling my Canadian Dollars value for a Product/Service when there is not USD value assigned. I should be able to set specific Prices per Currency / Item and not have these prices removed when the system auto updates the exchange rate.

that wouldn't be the conclusion I would come to - I wouldn't expect it to delete/disable prices when there is not a USD value assigned... in fact, i'd be amazed if the core program was doing that... i'd be more inclined to think that the database isn't updating correctly when you are entering the price... whether that's a PHP memory issue, a SQL database issue, an admin template issue or some other cause, you may need to open a ticket with support to find out - and i'd encourage you to do so and update the thread with the results.

The System is ignoring the Apply Tax checkbox on items, When the check box is unchecked and yet I add the item to the billable items it applies tax when it is not suppose to.

I wouldn't argue with that one... but then WHMCS is I think doing what the developers intend it to do, and if that's the case, they wouldn't class it as a bug... you can argue that it shouldn't be applying, or not applying tax, in the way it does to billable items, but I sincerely doubt that a post here is going to change their perception of the functionality.

FIX THIS!

oh if only everything in life could be solved with a large font! 😢

Let me expand on how I have my System setup

I currently have 4 services for my hourly service rates 2 of which are for USD Currency and 2 of Which are for CAD Currency. I want one to be $25.00 USD then want he CAD one to be $25.00 CAD

551700889_HourlyRates.PNG.e283c1a650b90c96973d40446814e0ca.PNG

I want a Flat rate for both that I set not one that is calculated by the Exchange rate changing.

So Yesterday I went through and corrected the Services price for Hourly Rate $25.00 (CAD)

Steps Taken to correct price for Hourly Rate $25.00 (CAD)

1. Opened Products and Services
  2. Edited Hourly Rate $25.00 (CAD)
  3. Checked the Checkbox to enable CAD Currency
  4. Entered my Value of 25.00
  5. Clicked the Save Changes button

Here we are today the Hourly Rate $25.00 (CAD) had all the prices disabled.

I'm going to try Disabling the CAD Price in the Hourly Rate $25.00 (USD) Service and Enable the CAD rate in the Hourly Rate $25.00 (CAD) service.

I have TblPrices and the records are being updated

I doubt that it is a memory issue I only see high memory utilization when WHM is doing it's nightly backups

At this point I am unable to verify any PHP issues as I am waiting on Support to update the server to include support for ionCube for PHP 7.1 and 7.2

Will update once I get confirmation that it is not a PHP error and see how it goes when the Daily cronjob runs