shockpaw

Currency Updating "Update Failed"

It looks like Currencies are not updating again. It has been like this for a couple of months now, but not seeing anything since 2013 on this. Would it not be a good idea to have a failover in case the initial URL changes?

23 hours ago, shockpaw said:

It looks like Currencies are not updating again. It has been like this for a couple of months now, but not seeing anything since 2013 on this. Would it not be a good idea to have a failover in case the initial URL changes?

the URL changed in September and WHMCS released a hotfix for v7.6 a day later (and for v7.3+ three weeks later in October) - so assuming that you're using v7.3 or any later version, you should be able to download the appropriate hotfix for your release from the link below.

https://whmcs.community/files/categories/

I'm actually using Version: 7.6.1, so I guess https://whmcs.community/files/file/96-core-12694-update-ecb-exchange-rates-url/ is the appropriate link

Hotfix worked out. Thanks for the info. I would have expected this to be in a minor release though

On 27/11/2018 at 11:21, shockpaw said:

Thanks for the info. I would have expected this to be in a minor release though

there hasn't been a minor release since the ECB URL change - perhaps they didn't consider it important enough (or didn't have any other changes that could be included) to justify a maintenance release... though I can see the benefit of your expectation.... it will be included in the forthcoming v7.7 betas for sure.

WHMCS definitely need a (better) way to inform users of hotfix releases - I dread to think how many support tickets might have been opened, and support time wasted, replying to this issue when a better method of communication could have kept the user automatically informed about its release... but ours is not to reason why. 🙄