Paying Invoice - Decline doesn't tell customer what's up

wizzy420

So, I created an account for a $10 product and was testing paying an invoice.

This is using CDG and Quantum Gateway.

I would log into customer portal (as a customer), click invoices, see the unpaid invoice, then go to pay it.

If it's declined, there's no special message or anything. It just silently fails, then goes back to the invoice showing payment still due.

Shouldn't there be some kind of message like "credit card declined" or "failed to verify card" ??

It sort of just leaves you hanging, wondering why you're back on the invoice page showing unpaid balance ...

FWIW, when I put in correct information, the charge goes through, gets auth'd, charges just fine and gets marked as paid.

It would be great to have the error messages from the payment system displayed to the user. Not the whole result obviously, just the human-readable message.

I've gotten a number of support requests from clients because they've tried a number of times to pay, but have been given no error--which makes them think the error is something more nefarious then just forgetting to add their state to the address form, or the like.

This feature addition would be greatly appreciated.