UTF8 chars in tld

ggeorgop

Hello,

Is it possible to sell domains that have utf8 chars in the tld? For example .ελ domains.

I have already enabled IDN support but WHMCS is still giving: The domain you entered is not valid. Enter only the part after the www. and include the TLD

Thanks for any help

On 07/11/2018 at 14:32, ggeorgop said:

Is it possible to sell domains that have utf8 chars in the tld? For example .ελ domains.

possibly, but support for IDN domains isn't great in WHMCS.

On 07/11/2018 at 14:32, ggeorgop said:

I have already enabled IDN support but WHMCS is still giving: The domain you entered is not valid. Enter only the part after the www. and include the TLD

in order to do this, you would usually have to setup your pricing for .ελ, in domain pricing, using it's ASCII code (.xn--qxam);

the next step would be to see if there is a valid WHOIS lookup option for the TLD... AFAIK, there isn't a working whois server (that WHMCS can use) for .gr and/or .ελ (I don't think the one used by WHMCS has worked for years)... so unless you can find a working whois server for the TLD (or perhaps you're using a lookup provider that sells .ελ), then you can't really offer the TLD to your customers (as they wouldn't be able to determine if a domain was available or not).