Hosting renewal notices, advanced renewal, billing cycle changes

stormy

I was wondering how is everyone handling the lack of hosting renewal notices in WHMCS (there's a 5-yr-old feature request for it) and the lack of a "renew hosting" button. I have a third-party module that handles this but it's been extremely buggy over the years. There must be some other solution.

Or do you people simply accept that WHMCS will send an invoice with a big red "Unpaid" text on it, with no further explanation and that's the hosting renewal notice? How do you handle when a customer wants to renew in advance? Or a change in billing cycle, from monthly to yearly for instance? I wonder if I could create a button in the client area that opened a ticket automatically for these requests.

It's really weird that a hosting automation platform has a ton of renewal notices and options for domain renewals, and nothing for hosting renewals.