quotes don't show the quantities on items that aren't whole numbers

WHMCS quotes don't show the quantities on items that aren't whole numbers. If you create a quote for a client and login to view the quote, the numbers don't add up unless you only use whole numbers.
All quotes have this problem and have been for as long as I can remember. The PDF version is correct, though.
It looks like the first column (Qty) and last column (Total) are missing from the printable version, which is the version that our clients see when the follow the link in the WHMCS quote email.

Does anyone have a way to correct this? I wrote WHMCS and here is what they said. I am glad they are going to fix this but my sales people are not happy and want it resolved quickly.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the detailed report! I have been able to reproduce this and have opened cases #CORE-12766 (for the incorrect quantity display on the printable version when the quantity is a decimal number less than 1) and #CORE-12767 (for the confusing display of the amount details for each line item on the printable version) with our developers in order to have this resolved for future releases. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an estimated time for completion for this. However, once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

http://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

If you notice any bugs in future, please use our bug reporting tool at http://bugs.whmcs.com

Best regards,

Hi Mark,

14 hours ago, dynamicidx said:

Does anyone have a way to correct this?

the quantities aren't directly available to the template - you can't tell from the screenshot below, but the first product has a quantity of 0.1

OHpOeMZ.png

therefore, you can't fix it directly in the template, you're going to have to use a ClientAreaPageViewQuote action hook to query the database table - basically you will need to recreate the $quoteitems array in the query and get the missing information from the database - it's there, or can be calculated from what's there, e.g the database doesn't store actual discount amount, but if you know the percentage and unit price (both in database), then it's simple enough to calculate it.

with a new array, you could then add Qty and unit price to the output table in the template - currently, the default template layout would look like this...

YZoubG3.png

but with a modified template layout, and the new array, you can do this...

raW5QgY.png

compare the content of the new array $qi2 with the old one $quoteitems...

qgi6604.png

16 hours ago, dynamicidx said:

I wrote WHMCS and here is what they said. I am glad they are going to fix this but my sales people are not happy and want it resolved quickly. 

it's worth knowing that once you get a bug confirmed by WHMCS, and as their reply freely admits, they won't put a timetable on it being resolved - so that might be tomorrow (it won't be!), next month, next year - there's literally no way to know. waiting.gif

if they're not going to hotfix it, then the next release (I assume) will be the v7.7 beta... but you shouldn't use a beta commercially, so that beta development period will probably last a month before it gets a general release - therefore at best, you might be looking at early December... but more likely next year.

Very good information and thank you for all this time and information. To me, quotes are very important and the first impression for any sales agent. Very very important that WHMCS corrects this asap. I am sure there are a lot of people who did not notice this but now will. My sales team pointed it out to me of course.