.es TLDs are always available for register

DamageESP

Hi,

Since last update (7.6.1), the domain availability checker ALWAYS gives a false positive when checking for ANY domains with the .es TLD and we've already had many problems with clients registering domains that are in fact not available.

This happens no matter what Lookup provider I choose (WHMCS, Standard or custom registrar). If it's relevant, we use a custom registrar for all of our domains (OpenProvider), but since this happens no matter what lookup provider I use, I assume this is not a problem with the registrar module but with WHMCS and .es TLDs.

image.png.f308c51a1a9c28eaf54de996ac1c0fc7.png

Any clues?

Thanks a lot!

On 22/10/2018 at 12:24, DamageESP said:

This happens no matter what Lookup provider I choose (WHMCS, Standard or custom registrar).

i've long thought the entry in dist.whois.json is wrong for .es - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.

On 22/10/2018 at 12:24, DamageESP said:

If it's relevant, we use a custom registrar for all of our domains (OpenProvider), but since this happens no matter what lookup provider I use, I assume this is not a problem with the registrar module but with WHMCS and .es TLDs.

that would only be relevant is OpenProvider were a lookup provider, or you were using them in your WHOIS lookup entries (which I assume you're not).

as you're based in Spain, and so will likely want to sell a lot of .es domains, you may find it easier to apply for access (it's still free I think) to the official .es whois server...

once you are granted access, you can edit/create the /resources/domains/whois.json file (don't edit dist.whois.json) and add the custom entries for .es to the file - WHMCS will then use that for *.es lookups - assuming you're using Standard Whois (or possibly Namespinning?) and it should give you correct responses to your searches.