I do not receive the information from the contact form

Brad TC

Hello,

could anyone guide me to solve a problem with the basic contact form?
I am not receiving the information from the counted form: email address, name and message; I just get the subject in the body of the email, what can it be?

I use WHMCS version 7.6.1 with thema six in php 7.1.

Thank you

Brad

Hi Brad,

On 17/09/2018 at 14:01, Brad TC said:

I am not receiving the information from the counted form: email address, name and message; I just get the subject in the body of the email, what can it be?

it sounds as though it's working correctly to me - the contact form is a bare bones solution and results in the sending of a hardcoded email to you...

nS69xEg.png

in the email sent by WHMCS, the "Reply To" field (in the email header) will contain the name and email address submitted in the form; the subject used in the form will be added to the email subject and the message content will be shown in the body of the email.

5LDMLer.png

as I say it's hardcoded, so you can't really change this... the other inbuilt alternative is to use a Support department instead...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Mail_Tab#Presales_Form_Destination_OR_Presales_Contact_Form_Email

17 hours ago, brian! said:

as I say it's hardcoded, so you can't really change this... the other inbuilt alternative is to use a Support department instead...

Hi brian ,

My problem is that when I receive contact through the simple form I do not receive the requestor's email address, so I can not answer it. To solve this I followed your advice and I used the option to open a tiket in the support, so I can see who sent me the email is to reply directly to whmcs.

Thanks for the answer

1 hour ago, Brad TC said:

My problem is that when I receive contact through the simple form I do not receive the requestor's email address, so I can not answer it.

you should have just been able to click the Reply button in your email program, as the form assigns the Reply To field in the email it sends you.

1 hour ago, Brad TC said:

To solve this I followed your advice and I used the option to open a ticket in the support, so I can see who sent me the email is to reply directly to whmcs.

I must admit that I use a support department too - it's more flexible than using email output that you can't modify.

50 minutes ago, brian! said:

you should have just been able to click the Reply button in your email program, as the form assigns the Reply To field in the email it sends you.

So that's why I did not receive the email. The email is sent to the contact sector which is then forwarded to me. so the answer function does not work because it is a forwarded email.

Thanks for your explanations, you helped me a lot!

Brad