My Joomla "integration"

tonyxcom

• 3 weeks later...

someone might have changed the password. I'll change it back to what is in the original post. Make sure you are logging into the client area and not the cpanel login on the homepage. The Joomla template isn't my design, although I would love to take credit for it. I am waiting for Joomla 1.5 to finalize before I start developing my own templates.

I just used style elements in the template to style WHMCS a bit. Most of the work is in the client area, hence the login.

But its fixed now.

And yes, I am available for integration and stylizing work. But I don't do any design work. If you've got a website that needs to be integrated with WHMCS, I can help.

Email me at tleone@hotmail.com

FYI, based off a few questions I have gotten via PM regarding Joomla...

WHMCS isn't inside of wrapper or in the Joomla site at all. I have created an entire WHMCS template using the Joomla template as a start.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I have been waiting patiently for my designer to make my logo and design guildlines so I got bored and decided how well I could make WHMCS appear to be integrated into Joomla 1.5.

Have a look at

http://www.6speedhost.com

you can log into the client area with

demo@6speedhost.com

"demopassword"

Are you able to integrate WHMCS into a template like this?

Integrated to a point where the customer is logged into the WHMCS and joomla after one login.:-P

http://demo.templateplazza.com/

(5th one from the top...called estore Plazza)

The integration of estore plaza wouldn't be too difficult, but the syncing of logins would reguire a connector of some sort that I dont have the technical capability to do.

Oh, and I killed the login because this thread wasn't getting anymore hits and I've gone somewhat live with a few paying customers.

• 1 month later...

Hello, this is exactly what I want to do with my joomla website but I do not know how to do this.

Is there a tutorial on how to integrate joomla and WHMCS?

If no, then I would be happy to take offers from people to help me do it or if they are kind enough, write a tutorial themselfs for everyone to share.

Thankyou very much.

wooby1 Tonyxcom already already wrote a tutorial.

load a page in joomla.

View source. Cut and paste. And fix your paths

If that is too brief then it is totally worth it spend the 35 bucks for WHMCS do it for you. Heck I know how to do it and still have them do it for me when I change Joomla templates. It's just too cheap to pass up.

• 3 months later...

the "view page source and then cut-n-paste instructions" work but if you add any new menu items to Joomla you have to cut and paste the source again and re-do your WHMCS templates.

Has anyone found a way to to pull the joomla header and menus direct from joomla so if you added a menu item to Joomla it would also show in the WHMCS template without having to re-customize the WHMCS template?

the "view page source and then cut-n-paste instructions" work but if you add any new menu items to Joomla you have to cut and paste the source again and re-do your WHMCS templates.

Has anyone found a way to to pull the joomla header and menus direct from joomla so if you added a menu item to Joomla it would also show in the WHMCS template without having to re-customize the WHMCS template?

You could use the Ajax Includes Script to do just that

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxincludes.htm

Ok, so this thread made it back to the first page and I have gotten at least 2 dozen emails about how to do this, so I thought it time to explain a few things....

This is not a true integration. All I did was create a template that was an exact match of my joomla template. I can perform the work for you, but due to the large volume of side work I already have, I won't be accepting any work/jobs for less then $500. If I charged only $100 bux I would be swamped with making templates that can take anywhere from 2-10 hours to completely finish and x-browser check.

At any rate, if you have a $500 budget, then lets talk. Otherwise, this is all I can tell you....

Load your joomla site.

View Source.

You now have all the html you need to create a template.

You'll just need to copy all the .css, images, files, etc from the joomla template folder ino a whmcs template folder. Then fix all the paths in the code (what you got from viewing source) to point to the correct location of those files.

Then you need to figure out where to split that into a header and footer and then adjust the tpl files accordingly. Then test test test test.

Thats about all I can tell you. If you already understand html/css and joomla and whmcs templates work, that should put you well on your way.

If not, then you'll just need to pay someone :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...