VPS / Dedication Setup NS Problem

Shinga

HI There,

I have hidden the NS1 & NS1 in configureporiduct.tpl as per WHMCS support so it dont show on my page any more.

But when you fill in the form and say next it still asking for the details.

Here is the code that i have changed.

I made changes tot he ns1 & Ns2 lines by hidden the by input type and add <!-- front of the line and end of the lind ->

{if $productinfo.type eq "server"}
<h2>{$LANG.cartconfigserver|strtolower}</h2>
<div class="serverconfig">
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="configtable">
<tr><td class="fieldlabel">{$LANG.serverhostname}:</td><td class="fieldarea"><input type="text" name="hostname" size="15" value="{$server.hostname}" /> {$LANG.serverhostnameexample}</td></tr>
<!-- <tr><td class="fieldlabel">{$LANG.serverns1prefix}:</td><td class="fieldarea"><input type="hidden" name="ns1prefix" size="10" value="{$server.ns1prefix}" /> {$LANG.serverns1prefixexample}</td></tr> -->
<!-- <tr><td class="fieldlabel">{$LANG.serverns2prefix}:</td><td class="fieldarea"><input type="hidden" name="ns2prefix" size="10" value="{$server.ns2prefix}" /> {$LANG.serverns2prefixexample}</td></tr> -->
<tr><td class="fieldlabel">{$LANG.serverrootpw}:</td><td class="fieldarea"><input type="password" name="rootpw" size="20" value="{$server.rootpw}" /></td></tr>
</table>
</div>
{/if}

See screen shot attached as well.

Still learning so any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

whmcs_template_problem_060918.JPG

Hi Andrew,

On 06/09/2018 at 10:31, Shinga said:

But when you fill in the form and say next it still asking for the details. 

Here is the code that i have changed.

I made changes tot he ns1 & Ns2 lines by hidden the by input type and add <!-- front of the line and end of the lind ->

I think they are required fields now...

so if you remove the commenting from your code, keep them type=hidden and change their values to ns1 and ns2 respectively, it should work.

on a related note, the Vertical Steps orderform template was deprecated about 3 years ago and is no longer updated or shipped with WHMCS... if you're using a recent version of WHMCS, it might be worth considering changing to a more updated cart template (e.g standard_cart).