Promotions question

okihost

I would like to offer a special which allows customers to signup for any of 8 hosting packages and get the first 3 months for 1 cent.

I know in WHMCS you can allow for a certain % off which would not work in this case or you can set a monitary value of the promotion such as $x.xx off.

If there a way to set this for all of these packages or should I just create a promotion for each package and give a coupon code for each package?

I am pretty sure I will have to create 8 promotions but wanted to make sure there is not a feature somewhere I can use to do this.

Thanks inadvance

Paul

I'm wondering about this too. It would be nice to be able to set a one-time discount automatically for products so a promo code would not be required. You'd be surprised how many customers forget to enter the promo code.

I offer a similar promo concept. I have an offer for 12 free months of hosting with a $15 setup fee. The setup fee weeds out the fraud accounts.

Currently it doesn't work since promo codes are not working with the new shopping cart in v3.5. Hopefully it will work soon but Matt do you think it is possible to automatically assign one-time discounts to products without requiring the customer to enter a promo code? perhaps a new tab under each product's configuration named "Promotions" in which you could specify one-time and recurring discounts?

It'd be helpful if this could be set for add-on products and domain registrations as well since another promo I wanted to run is $1.99 domain registration for the first year only & only on transferred registrations.