WHMCS Domain Synchronisation Cron Report

Hi Guys,

Anyone else having this issue maybe? I have set my domain synchronisation cron job to run once a week at 3am, however the cron is running twice a day and sometime even more than that. It seems the standard Cron set for every 5 minutes is over-riding my setting. Could this be possible?

I am running WHMCS v7.6.0

2 minutes ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Hi @selwynorren

In 7.6 the Domain Sync Cron has been consolidated into the main cron, you no longer need to run the Domain Sync Cron separately from the main cron.  I'm checking on the cron to suppress these updates

Hey @ChrisD

Thanks for that update, I will go ahead and remove that cron task from running. I have another query related to this update where orphan file have been left on the server, however I will open a new post related to that topic. Essentially I just need a best course of action type advice.

Take Care

• 2 weeks later...

My Cron job is still running every 24 Hours as per recommendations.
I have the Domain expiry set to run every 720 hours.
It was running more frequently than this untill I to was told I don't need the old Cron sync job as described above.

And yet still I have a "WHMCS Domain Synchronisation Cron Report" coming through every 24 hours.

After submitting a support ticket about this whole problem some 3 weeks ago now I believe, there has been no fix for this error. I was told it would be fixed by the next Update.

I am concerned my domain providers will eventually block my access because to frequent calls.

How much longer or what's the fix please?

JCH Computers_2018.08.27_09h23m19s_001_.jpg

JCH Computers_2018.08.27_09h26m06s_002_.jpg

Hey John,

Could it be that your Pending transfer sync is still set at the new default value of 0 (every 4 hours) so your report is arriving because of that status. What would happen if you set both of these value to 720 hours?

Setting both to 24hrs worked for me.