Why are the orderform paths hardcoded in Standard_Cart template files?

AndyW

I find the standard_cart template files have paths hardcoded such as

css paths

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$WEB_ROOT}/templates/orderforms/standard_cart/css/all.min.css?v={$versionHash}" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$WEB_ROOT}/templates/orderforms/standard_cart/js/scripts.min.js?v={$versionHash}"></script>

include paths

{include file="orderforms/standard_cart/sidebar-categories.tpl"}

{include file="orderforms/standard_cart/common.tpl"}

When modifying the order form templates its a nightmare if you follow convention and rename the orderform template directory! What am I missing here?

Why would they recommend renaming the template directories used, from the standard, even have a security check for that and then make changes so difficult by leaving about +30 hardcoded URL in the files? If this has been there since 6.1 why am I the first person to raise this issue... I'm sure I'm missing something here... almost everyone modifies orderforms.... do they ignore WHMCS recommendations or is there more to this???

35 minutes ago, AndyW said:

If this has been there since 6.1 why am I the first person to raise this issue...

I'm sure I'm missing something here... almost everyone modifies orderforms.... 

but do they rename them?  and how likely would it be that they modified common.tpl or sidebar-categories... they probably never notice that they're still using SC.

do they ignore WHMCS recommendations or is there more to this???

probably more the former than the latter...