GetClientNote?

ai-danno

Hello,

I'm using the API to get various information about our customers and I noticed that while there is AddClientNote and GetTicketNote, there is no GetClientNote. When I use GetClientsDetails to get the notes, some notes are displayed but not all of them. In fact, for an account I'm testing against, some of the client 10 notes included that are marked 'sticky' are not even showing up. No errors or incomplete replies, just missing some notes.

Is there a way to grab all of those notes for a client via the API?

Also, the one method I have now, GetClientsDetails, is marked as deprecated- what would the replacement be for GetClientsDetails? Maybe it's replacement would provide all of the notes I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance everyone!

I guess that WHMCS team is trying to reserve API calls for actions. "Get" commands are in fact few and/or deprecated.

There are various different ways to "play" with data. The best approach depends on what you are trying to achieve. Could you share more details?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

In our situation we have a PSA/ticket system separate from WHMCS and we're trying to see the WHMCS notes for each customer in the PSA. I originally intended to try my luck via MySQL calls, but was encouraged to take the API route. I guess the idea I should get from your comment about deprecating 'Get' commands form the API would mean I might have better luck (on this and other items, and definitely in the future) via the MySQL route.

Do I have the right Idea?

MySQL approach is fine. Alternatively you can also create your own API. Basically just create a PHP file in WHMCS that returns information based on specific criteria. Now you only need to request these information remotely for example with curl() or with an ajax POST in case you want to send and receive calls in real time without refreshing the page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Staff

Hello,

Unfortunately, the functionality you're looking for here is not something that is currently offered by the WHMCS API.

However I can see how an API call to retrieve client notes could be useful. Therefore I would encourage you to please submit a request to our feature requests tracker where other users can contribute to and vote on your idea. Ideas with the most votes and activity do get reviewed by our team.

http://requests.whmcs.com

In the meantime, you could use a query such as:

SELECT * FROM `tblnotes` WHERE `userd` = 'WHMCSCLIENTID';

Naturally, you'll need to replace "WHMCSCLIENTID" with the ID of a client (tblclients.id)