Get domain's client data from database

MDavid

Hi,

I would like to make a custom function, which is get back a domain's all contact details from database. (what the registarmodule_register function get by default in $params, when I send a domain to a registar)

I have the $domainid, but I can't found the quick and easiest solution.
Is there any function for this?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, MDavid said:

I would like to make a custom function, which is get back a domain's all contact details from database. (what the registarmodule_register function get by default in $params, when I send a domain to a registar)

if by contact details, you mean registrant, billing, admin and technical contacts etc, they aren't stored in the database - WHMCS gets the info direct from the registrar when it needs them.

Yes, I need that data, before sent them to registar, and in some cases after too (domain status <> Active).

Somewhere must stored that, because contact details not sent right away to registar. I found the tables (tblclients, tbldomains, tblcontacts) but I not found where store the subclient -> domain connection (which database table and field store that)

22 hours ago, MDavid said:

Somewhere must stored that, because contact details not sent right away to registrar.

they can be sent right away, but until that point, maybe they're stored in a temporary table. :?:

22 hours ago, MDavid said:

I found the tables (tblclients, tbldomains, tblcontacts) but I not found where store the subclient -> domain connection (which database table and field store that)

after registration, WHMCS will definitely not store those contact details in the database - what would be the point ? what happens, if after registration, you modify those details directly at the registrar's site - you'd get a ridiculous situation where the WHMCS database stores one set of details, and the live registrar database stores another set.... going down that road, you'd then have to setup some regular syncing between the two databases to ensure the WHMCS data was always current (which you could never guarantee anyway).

if you want to modify those details before registration, perhaps use a PreDomainRegister or PreRegistrar hook... after registration, you'll have to pull the contact information from the registrar, make your changes and then send that back to the registrar.

https://developers.whmcs.com/domain-registrars/module-parameters/

36 minutes ago, brian! said:

they can be sent right away, but until that point, maybe they're stored in a temporary table. :?:

after registration, WHMCS will definitely not store those contact details in the database - what would be the point ? what happens, if after registration, you modify those details directly at the registrar's site - you'd get a ridiculous situation where the WHMCS database stores one set of details, and the live registrar database stores another set.... going down that road, you'd then have to setup some regular syncing between the two databases to ensure the WHMCS data was always current (which you could never guarantee anyway).

Ok, thanks. I'll test what if I change contact data before registration sent to domain registrar.
I'm not found any temporary table.

37 minutes ago, brian! said:

if you want to modify those details before registration, perhaps use a PreDomainRegister or PreRegistrar hook... after registration, you'll have to pull the contact information from the registrar, make your changes and then send that back to the registrar.

These not what I searching for, but very useful for my project, so thanks for your suggestions!