.biz whois server? It says all .biz are "Unavailable"

Hello, i noticed all .biz domains are "Unavailable" when i check it using domain checker (during domain order on front-end) in my WHMCS 6.3

I tried domains that are certainly not registered like fjgnhdkfghdfkghdfkg.biz

So i checked /includes/whoisservers.php and not found any entry for the .biz

I Googled and found:

.biz|whois.nic.biz|Not found

.biz|whois.biz|No Data Found

but none make it working - all .biz shows as Unavailable

My registar for .biz is set to namesilo in WHMCS.

Can you please suggest what to try? Thank you

Edited by postcd

4 hours ago, postcd said:

Can you please suggest what to try?

there is an entry in the default v6.3.1 whoisservers.php file that is wrong (~#288)...

.biz|whois.nic.biz|Not found

OCoXVWS.png

the default v7.5.1 equivalent file uses the entry below (adjusting for structure changes) and works. :idea:

I tend to check whois via the admin side as you can run into caching issues if you're multiple querying on the client side...

f31C9fi.png

though it works on the client side too...

zTL8voI.png

Thank You for your effort. When i go to admin area whois page: /admin/whois.php

and lookup, it returns:

"The domain fjgnhdkfghdfkghdfkg.biz is already registered

WHOIS Output

---No Data Found
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2018-06-08T07:30:49Z <<<

"

Here i am quoting part of the includes/whoisservers.php file:

.org|whois.publicinterestregistry.net|NOT FOUND
.uk|whois.nic.uk|No match

It seems to me correct. Can this mean whois.biz banned IP of my hosting provider server or anything else can be the issue?

I am using Cloudflare on my WHMCS site and cache level is set to "No Query String", i have custom rule for the admin area which says: "Browser Integrity Check: On, Browser Cache TTL: 4 hours, Security Level: High". When i disable this rule and Purge All cache in cloudflare and fully reload WHMCS whois page/no cache by Ctrl+F5, and try to lookup some .biz domain that is not registered, it still shows same problem (Domain already registered, as i copied above in this post).

fjgnhdkfghdfkghdfki.net is OK, available, but .BIZ shows false status. Same problem seems to be with .top which apparently is using correct rule: .top|whois.nic.top|The queried object does not exist

But also always says: "Unavailable"

Edited by postcd

38 minutes ago, postcd said:

It seems to me correct. Can this mean whois.biz banned IP of my hosting provider server or anything else can be the issue?

possible, but I think if you were banned, you'd be getting a different message, or none at all.

my first thought would be to check your whoisservers.php file and make sure there is only one entry for .biz (and .top too) - if there are multiples, it will be using the last of them and if that's the one you haven't edited... that response suggests to me that WHMCS is searching for a different availability string other than "No Data Found".

Thank you for help. Your guess was right, whoisservers.php contained two .biz entries (i used browser search functionality, and that failed to find it inside web based file editor, but web based editor built in search found it). :wall1:

.biz started working after removing duplicate entry. Though admin area whois lookup for the .top domain says:

There was a problem connecting to the domain registry. Please check port 43 is open in your servers firewall.

Error: 110 - Connection timed out

I think i will have to contact my hosting/server provider so they try to execute "whois -h whois.nic.top kjsdfhjhkfjkhdfkjd.top" from the shared IP on which my site is hosted to see whether they can connect it or see timeout (are blocked).

To execute it not from dedicated server IP, but shared IP, maybe the environment variable PROXY would have to be set, do not know.

1 hour ago, brian! said:

that 110 connection timeout could be a whois lookup block...

It was. My hosting provider told me that they whitelisted whois.nic.top (maybe in firewall) and now it started working. Thank you

Edited by postcd