Host provides WHMCS license to resellers is this a good or bad thing?

I am new to WHMCS and I got a free license from my new hosting provider. As I am going through the setup process I am realizing that this is a pretty complicated tool with a ton of settings. I think I have it about 95% set up to start having clients manage their accounts, but seem to be having an issue connecting to my domain registrar. Although I have a license for WHMCS, for some reason, I have not figured out how to get tech support from WHMCS. So I am wondering if setting up WHMCS through a third-party is a smart move or if it would just make more sense buying directly through WHMCS. The one problem is I do not have many clients yet so I do not have a lot of recurring revenue to fund these tools (even as cheap as they are). So I was curious what others thought on this idea… does it make sense to invest time building out the free version I get from my hosting provider until I build the business up, or is this setting me up for a lot of headaches and failure since it seems tech support is not available (well, except the help I can get in this community which I just signed up for yesterday).

Any thoughts or recommendations for a newbie?

On 6/7/2018 at 9:40 AM, Brandwise said:

Although I have a license for WHMCS, for some reason, I have not figured out how to get tech support from WHMCS. 

Here's the link.  For whatever reason, WHMCS likes to make it difficult to obtain reseller support

That being said, if you have a license through your host, you should always try to get support from them first. In most cases, they can resolve issues 

As far as good / bad idea:
Your reseller license (from your host) can only be used on your host. You cannot order addons directly through WHMCS if you want them (licensing, etc), and as you've noticed, getting support can be a bit problematic.

Personally? I'd say pay the minimal cost for WHMCS directly, not through your host. Pay for the thing that keeps your business running, don't be cheap.