Latest Tweets Language

Hi everyone,

My twitter feed is showing the latest tweets, but the tweet date defaults to the language of the country where the server is located, which in my case is German.

How do I get this date to be the same language as the rest of the page, and change when a different language is selected?

If that's not possible, can I just specify English somewhere?

Cheers,

Carl  

Hi Carl,

On 5/23/2018 at 10:10, kennerty said:

My twitter feed is showing the latest tweets, but the tweet date defaults to the language of the country where the server is located, which in my case is German.

i've never seen that - as you say, it must be the server because if I add your twitter to my WHMCS dev, then the human difference time is shown in English... so it's not the twitter feed itself and I guess that it's just defaulting to the server PHP locale setting rather than any physical location.

On 5/23/2018 at 10:10, kennerty said:

How do I get this date to be the same language as the rest of the page, and change when a different language is selected?

with some effort, because the value is just a string and not an actual date... so I suppose you could translate it with Language Overrides in the twitterfeed.tpl template, but whether it's worth the effort i'm really not sure. :?:

WHMCS is very dated (I could stop that sentence right there lol) when it comes to Twitter in that it's basically still doing now what it did years ago... e.g, from a v6.2.2 dev using the WHMCS twitter account..

VsBee8Y.png

if I did a screenshot from the v7.5.1 homepage, I daresay it would look virtually identical... 9_9

however, it's not difficult to add a "proper" scrollable Twitter timeline to any page in WHMCS (or beyond)...

0AMnmzd.png

or to see a video of the scrollable timeline...

https://www.screencast.com/t/UyZy2mabSawK

the above is from a customised homepage.tpl (no other internal WHMCS files are used), but you could equally add the timeline anywhere, e.g in the footer (let's use WHMCS's own footer as an example)...

qbgyW0x.png

i'm writing this up as a tutorial (and i'll update this thread when it's posted - though it certainly won't be this weekend as it's a public holiday and once I submit this post, i'm gone from here for a day or two! :27_sunglasses:)...

currentlyi'm trying to work out the permutations of the homepage, e.g showing announcements, twitter, products etc or a combination of them all... you can even do something similar with a Facebook or Instagram timeline too...

mbCtodT.png
btZliAe.png

so rather than just posting the basic idea and then being asked about using it for x, y and z, i'm going to spend some time trying to develop a clear way for users to do it, primarily on the homepage, but ultimately anywhere. :idea: