WHMCS extension

Starflix

Hello, guys,

I have a few questions of WHMCS expansion. Firstly (and most importantly), I would like to know if there is a module or some smart way to import domains xml (or other format) list to WHMCS + manage the price margin for these domains? By saying "smart way" I mean something that does not require manual configuration of each TLD (there are like 300 of those) into the WHMCS. Furthermore, a solution of delayed billing would be something amazing as well (e.g. ordering service gives a free 3 months trial (no invoice) and then after the period the invoice is generated of the yearly subscribtion or more according to the selection).

If you have any tips on any of these matters I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Starflix said:

I have a few questions of WHMCS expansion. Firstly (and most importantly), I would like to know if there is a module or some smart way to import domains xml (or other format) list to WHMCS + manage the price margin for these domains?

depending on your registrar, there may be a module in Marketplace that can do it, but generally not.

2 hours ago, Starflix said:

By saying "smart way" I mean something that does not require manual configuration of each TLD (there are like 300 of those) into the WHMCS.

you can duplicate TLDs if they're similarly priced - that would save some time.

12 minutes ago, brian! said:

depending on your registrar, there may be a module in Marketplace that can do it, but generally not.

you can duplicate TLDs if they're similarly priced - that would save some time.

@brian! Thanks for the answer. I have surfed the marketplace, nothing found :/ This kind of functionality would solve a big headache.

19 hours ago, Starflix said:

I have surfed the marketplace, nothing found :/

there will be modules there for eNom and LogicBoxes (resell.biz, resellerclub, netearthone etc) that can import prices... not sure about the others... which registrar are you using ?

19 hours ago, Starflix said:

This kind of functionality would solve a big headache.

the problem is that each registrar has their own way of extracting their domain pricing (possibly some don't even have the option) - so if WHMCS were going to do it, they'd need to write a separate process for each registrar... and then maintain them with each updated version... almost certainly never going to happen - unless the registrars get together and come up with a generic way to do that works the same for all of them.

also, like a lot of WHMCS features, domain pricing was designed years ago when there were far fewer TLDs available to sell and, under those circumstances, importing pricing wasn't really a necessary consideration... it would be now, but the horse has bolted and it's left for third-party developers to create solutions for specific registrars if they believe there is sufficient demand and/or requested directly to do so.

On 5/24/2018 at 09:57, Starflix said:

The registrar we use is NETIM. I understand the differences but simple XML (or other format) import would be a solution nothing more complicated is necessary. :)

you may be in luck, because with a bit of investigation on my part (Poirot style!), it might be possible to import NETIM pricing into WHMCS! shappy_dance_100-101.gif?w=150&h=123

I think you are going to need to download 2 free modules from Marketplace.

so the first module will download your pricing from NETIM and export it to .csv; then you'll have to edit it to match the format used by the ISPAPI module, and then use that module to import the modified csv file with your pricing.

i'd recommend backing up the database before starting though. :idea:

the first module is marked as v7.4 compatible, whilst the second is marked as v7.2 compatible - but seeing as the ISPAPI addon was last updated only a fortnight ago and is PHP7.1/7.2 compatible, i'd be amazed if it isn't v7.5 compatible and they just haven't updated the Marketplace entry yet... but it might be worth contacting them both before starting just to double-check.

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Starflix said:

Do you think this way it will support WHMCS newest domains features of grace periods etc.?

that's probably a question better aimed at NetIM, HQWeb (who make the csv export addon) and Hexonet (who made the ISPAPI Importer).

the first thing to find out is whether you can get grace/redemption days & prices via the NetIM API? if so, then the next step is to get HQWeb to update their addon to export those details, and then get Hexonet to update their addon to import them (though they may not do that unless their own API supports specifying grace/redemption days & prices too).

if NetIM API doesn't support getting your g/r pricing (it may only get what NetIM charges you, not what you charge the end client), then you could still contact the other two companies to see if there is a way to adding it to the csv file manually for import... neither addon is marked as v7.5 compatible yet, and grace periods weren't introduced into WHMCS until v7.5... so it's possible that their next releases of the addons will contain such features, but only they will be able to tell you. :)

all it will need to be is an import into the tbldomainpricing database table, so it's not technically difficult to do - but those two developers will be in the best position to add this feature to their modules. :idea: