Admin order for domain - Registrar not assigned and not registered on payment

I am having some issues when creating an order for a client via the admin that includes domain names.

1. Login to WHMCS admin
  2. I go to the clients profile and click "Add new order"
  3. I set "Order Status" to "Active"
  4. I add the domains to the order and click "Submit Order"

After submitting the order I go to the domain tab of the clients profile. The domain is listed but no registrar is assigned, I have to manually select the registrar and save. I am using NetEarth One and have this set as the "Auto Registration" for every TLD under Setup -> Products/Services -> Domain Pricing.

When the client pays the invoice the domain is not automatically registered. Again I need to go back to the domain tab in the clients profile and click the register button. There are records in the activity log indicating the invoice has been paid but nothing related to the domains being registered.

Why isn't the registrar automatically assigned and why aren't the domains being registered when the client pays the invoice?

Many Thanks!

Edited by ZeroGravity
Spelling

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of having a system that can automate everything? Why is the system not picking up the "Auto Registration" for the TLD and assigning it when an order is placed via the admin? Does it only do this if a client places the order?

Am I the only person that has come across this issue?

Edited by ZeroGravity

Okay, let me see if I fully understand the procedure:

On 4/16/2018 at 2:41 PM, ZeroGravity said:

I am having some issues when creating an order for a client via the admin that includes domain names.

1. Login to WHMCS admin
  2. I go to the clients profile and click "Add new order"
  3. I set "Order Status" to "Active"
  4. I add the domains to the order and click "Submit Order"

After submitting the order I go to the domain tab of the clients profile. The domain is listed but no registrar is assigned, I have to manually select the registrar and save. I am using NetEarth One and have this set as the "Auto Registration" for every TLD under Setup -> Products/Services -> Domain Pricing.

When the client pays the invoice the domain is not automatically registered. Again I need to go back to the domain tab in the clients profile and click the register button. There are records in the activity log indicating the invoice has been paid but nothing related to the domains being registered.

Okay, so I believe your methodology of order management is preventing the automation. Your custom Automation Settings aside, I think your procedure removes critical portions of the workflow and therefore does not actually fail to perform automation, but it never gets started. At least nothing which would trigger any registrar actions.

By marking your order as 'Active' upon creation, when your client pays the invoice, accounting automation takes place, by creating the Transaction, Applying the Transaction value to the Invoice, and Marking the Invoice 'Paid'. From here, depending on your Automation and Order Acceptance configuration, your WHMCS should now Activate the Order and Provision/Register the services/domains.

Because the order is already listed as Active, the system does not perform the Order Activation processes or any post-activation processes. You can check your log and you won't have any module actions attempting to register the domain, so you want to make sure that your Automation Setup is correct for your ideal automation experience, and also that you are not impeding the workflow.